Clicking noise at speed

minivanwithdoors

2017 Buick Enclave
Hello!

I recently purchased a 2017 Buick Enclave. The vehicle has around 25,000 miles on it. The issue I have is that I hear a random high frequency clicking noise, sort of like a bunch of ball point pens being clicked randomly, but only at speeds above 65mph. I don't hear the noise at all below 60mph.

I read through the posts on this site and a few posts spoke about wheel well linings being loose. I followed some of the suggestions on those (add some padding behind the wheel well where it could be loose etc) but no cigar.

It is hard to pin-point where the sound is come from exactly, but while in the driver's seat it sounds like the clicking is coming from just infront of the speaker in the passenger door, near the cabin floor. I'm not sure if it is coming from the inside or the outside, but think it is more likely from the outside of the cabin because it sounds like a random metallic clicking, from just behind the front right wheel, somewhere between the passenger door and front wheel. I checked what's underneath and didn't notice any loose heat shields etc. I even took it to a repair shop while doing an oil change and had them listen check and they (ofcourse) didn't hear anything, buy also gave the car a once-over and didn't notice anything that's obviously loose and could cause that kind of rattling on the vehicle.

Before I take it into the dealership and have them take a look at it, does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

- It's a Minivan with doors (or so the kids tell me....!)

G-351130

Hi!
Thank you for the reply.

Yes, the repair shop said it could be that and cleaned out all 4 tires of any rocks.

thanks!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!