• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

climate control system very noisy on Regal Sportback 2019

Steve Sc

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportback 2019
My wife just got a new Buick Regal Sportback 2019. The car makes a rather loud whining noise when the climate control system is on, but not when it is off. The Buick dealer replaced the air conditioner fluid (Freon?) and the compressor in an effort to fix the problem but that did not succeed. They are still working to identify the cause of this noisy problem.

Any suggestion on a possible cause and solution for this noisy problem?

Chockomon

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback AWD
Are all the vents open? Mine whines/whistles if you have the fan on but one or two of the vents is closed

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Mine is kind of loud, not so much a whining but a low humming or growling type sound. I never really paid a lot of mind to it but I quieter would be better. If you ever find a fix please post.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
My wife just got a new Buick Regal Sportback 2019. The car makes a rather loud whining noise when the climate control system is on, but not when it is off. The Buick dealer replaced the air conditioner fluid (Freon?) and the compressor in an effort to fix the problem but that did not succeed. They are still working to identify the cause of this noisy problem.

Any suggestion on a possible cause and solution for this noisy problem?
Does the noise change when the speed of the FAU fan changes from low to high?

jmf432

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportback
I noticed this today. I hear a quiet whine when the climate control kicks on during an auto stop. Goes away once I start accelerating a bit or if I have the fan turned off completely.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I noticed this today. I hear a quiet whine when the climate control kicks on during an auto stop. Goes away once I start accelerating a bit or if I have the fan turned off completely.
There is a squeaking or chirp when the AC clutch engages from a astop/start. But only heard with windows slightly down.

Pedal Commander