Closing windows with the remote on a 2017 Buick Cascada

Trudy

Buick Ownership
Cascada
In the operator's manual it shows you can raise all the windows by pressing and holding the lock button. When I showed this to the Buick dealer ( it would not work on my car) they said there must be a misprint in the owner's manual because they had never seen a GM car that would raise the windows that way. However my remote does lower the windows when I press and hold the unlock button. I tried both my remotes and it was the same way. Can anyone raise their windows with the remote? Info is on pages 23 and over to 24..

Last edited:

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
I can only find the unlock lowers windows. What year and what page did you find locking raises the windows?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
There are some options that may be in the EU models and even listed in the US owner manual that never made it on the US models due to some legal or safety concerns such as the remote top functions. You may want to check with Buick directly on the window remote up if it was ever available in the US.

Trudy

Buick Ownership
Cascada
I can only find the unlock lowers windows. What year and what page did you find locking raises the windows?
Pgs. 23 and continues on 24

Trudy

Buick Ownership
Cascada
There are some options that may be in the EU models and even listed in the US owner manual that never made it on the US models due to some legal or safety concerns such as the remote top functions. You may want to check with Buick directly on the window remote up if it was ever available in the US.
You could be right about it being a EU function.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!