• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Cluster bulbs not lighting up

Blueallie

Buick Ownership
La Sabre
My daughters cluster lights and hvac control lights have gone out.PRNDL and odometer is still illuminated but nothing else.
I pulled all the related fuses and checked the bulbs for burnt out ones. The lights still don’t turn on.
Anything I’m missing?

Last edited:

ledzilla

Buick Ownership
2001 Century Custom
I know mine has an issue where the cluster lights go out if the light knob is turned to the end for the dimmer where it should be brightest. I assume the potentiometer has a dead spot, like what tends to happen to throttle position sensors, Have you tried fiddling with the dimmer at all to see if it's the culprit?

Blueallie

Buick Ownership
La Sabre
I know mine has an issue where the cluster lights go out if the light knob is turned to the end for the dimmer where it should be brightest. I assume the potentiometer has a dead spot, like what tends to happen to throttle position sensors, Have you tried fiddling with the dimmer at all to see if it's the culprit?
I found a pinched wire in the rear lights that somehow affects the cluster and hvac lights. The rear lights didn’t work either.
So i cut and soldered the wires back together and it works now.

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
The cluster lights turning off on a GM is to let you know you have no taillights. The BCM triggers the dashlights to go off if it doesn't sense current going through the tail lamps. Same with cruise not working, that is to let you know your high brake light isn't working.

Pedal Commander