• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Coding in additional information pages/themes to Guage Cluster

zach.friend

Virginia Beach, VA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Just asking around if anyone has tried or knows of someone in NA that has done this successfully. From the looks of our UK/EU friends you can add in a sportier LCD gauge theme as well as a number of additional information screens including a performance display that comes on the VXR models.

Thanks!

RoRi

I'm interested in this too. It seems a pretty popular mod over there to install the GS cluster and unlock all the hidden menu's. I plan on asking White Automotive about this when I get with them about enabling the cooled seats.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Watching this thread. The TourX red needle cluster isn’t terrible, but a GS cluster would be a nice upgrade. Even better if we can modify it for more features/options.

supernoma

SW Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I'm interested in this too. It seems a pretty popular mod over there to install the GS cluster and unlock all the hidden menu's. I plan on asking White Automotive about this when I get with them about enabling the cooled seats.

White can do this. I once owned a '14 Regal and I swapped the GS gauge cluster into that car. White will need to reprogram the new cluster to match the recipient car's VIN. I believe I paid $150+ shipping for the reprogram; the new cluster was about $150 on eBay.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
Just checked GM Parts Direct--they have TWO instrument clusters for the 2018/19 3.6L GS, both at $405; 39187710 (for the NGI version) & 39200847 (for the non-NGI version[?]). As far as I can tell, 'NGI' stands for 'Next Generation Infotainment', so maybe there's a 'red needle' version and a 'white needle' version?

Buick Ownership
1996 Buick Park Avenue 2020 Buick Regal Sportback Essence
Wondering if there are any updates on this, has anyone successfully swapped over and had programmed a GS digital cluster into a Sportback or TourX?

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
White Auto Media have stated that they can do a 'plug & play' programming to replace the mid-level cluster with the 8" digital version (part 39200847) from the 2019 GS. They can also provide the new cluster for about $430--mentioning this since I tried to order the cluster from GM Parts Direct [GMPD] & they cancelled my order 45 minutes after placing it--White Auto mentioned that GMPD doesn't like to sell clusters, so there's that. Right now I'm just waiting for White Auto to provide an invoice to get this project moving. They have also implied that they can provide the European programming (assuming my car has the correct sensors) as to display oil pressure & turbo boost in the 'pocket gauges'.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
I want this cluster too. Will be interesting to see how they do.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
He's started work on it--first problem was converting the new cluster from the 9 speed commonly usually to the 8 speed on my AWD--done & dusted! Pocket gauges have been sorted out & now the issue is with the branding. For those of you happy with the 'Buick' images, that won't be an issue.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
He's started work on it--first problem was converting the new cluster from the 9 speed commonly usually to the 8 speed on my AWD--done & dusted! Pocket gauges have been sorted out & now the issue is with the branding. For those of you happy with the 'Buick' images, that won't be an issue.
More detail please 😯

Buick Ownership

So since mine is a Sportback with the 9 speed, and I like the Buick branding, it should be a pretty easy swap for him to accomplish?

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
I'm not about to put words in his mouth--but--if all you want is the USA/Buick/GS cluster with the US spec. readouts, I would think that should be a whole lot simpler (and perhaps cheaper--he hasn't done a 2019 Regal/Insignia conversion before and there is a bit of a learning curve involved (again, my words).

hancox

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Geez - all i want is the outside temp there - it's useless as a CarPlay user as-is. :)

Buick Ownership
I'm not about to put words in his mouth--but--if all you want is the USA/Buick/GS cluster with the US spec. readouts, I would think that should be a whole lot simpler (and perhaps cheaper--he hasn't done a 2019 Regal/Insignia conversion before and there is a bit of a learning curve involved (again, my words).

Gotcha. Like you said, White Auto Media is the final say on how difficult or not difficult this process is. From what you've said though, sounds hopeful! I'll have to reach out to them directly to get a better idea.

I appreciate your input and updates on the process through them for you vehicle.

x10003q

Buick Ownership
2019 GS
I would love to have the pocket gauge options on my GS. I did see photos of those choices in the Irish Opel site.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I'd like to see if this turns out to work. I'd just like the GS cluster, Buick branding is fine for me, actually preferred.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Ok guys, check this out. I know this is a previous generation. But look what he did to change from opel theme to Buick GS. Just posting it here, so we can accumulate as much info as we could.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!