• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Cold air intake for Regal 2015

S.O.G

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal Premium 1
I think he meant that his setup loses power because he needs a new tune to take into account the intake... but a stock engine or basic tune that allow for real time adapting based on readings from the MAF would *hopefully* realize a (very) small gain. I personally hate the sound of intakes, especially on smaller engines, so I have no horse in this race. Was just curious if it would actually fit.
I suppose you're right didn't even cross my mind about the retuning! Kinda hard to believe this is supposedly to add over 20hp but only one way to find out! Lol I might have to invest in one and see the difference with the stock set up.

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
*UPDATE*

I haven't driven the GS in a few days because,,,,, everyday stuff like NO INTERIOR.

I started the car and drove for the 2nd time since installing the Injen intake (the car has been sitting for a few days)......... "Long story short",the power is back in all gears. I have NOT updated my tune, unplugged the battery, or done any (engine) modifications... I probably should have driven it a few times before posting, but I was pumped that it fit and I was also under time constraints on a pinkie swear.

I had to make a few stops on the way home today and after every start-up the power was still there.

I still have no idea why I had reduced power that initial start-up. Without scouring every page of the service manual I'm going to guess it had to do with unplugging the MAF sensor. I do vaguely remember a couple of people having a reduced power issue when the ZZP CAI came out for the 2011-2013 LHU Regals, but nobody uses TAGS on this forum so I didn't even try to look for those threads.

Overall impressions so far,,,,,

-GLAD to have the power back in my "GO TO" gears.

-That turbo spooling is way louder than stock. :headbang:

-IMO that filter is so puny.

Thought y'all should know.

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
dude wtf did u do to the interior?

i just go on to see this thread and its a pic of a empty GS lol

S.O.G

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal Premium 1
Thanks for the update! That getting said, I will be ordering mine lol any chance you could post a video of the sound with the new intake?

And yes, what happen whyd you gut the poor regal!? Lol

ZoomZoom Diva

5.7L LS1 Member
Apple Valley, MN
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal GS "Bruce"
How big of a filter are you needing/expecting? It doesn't look small to me. On that note... thank you and ordering!

I would be scared to death to even contemplate stripping the interior like that.

Last edited:

Esasky's15RegalGS

Jeannette, PA
Buick Ownership
Buick
So it works on a 2014 Regal GS. Does anyone know if it works on 2015? Did they change anything under the hood from MY 2014 to MY 2015?

Thanks!

Chris

S.O.G

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal Premium 1
So we've got a tune and intake available for the LTG motored regals thus far...if only we would have more mods...well other than. That aftermarket turbo I found for the 14 and 15 models. But idk that guy seemed a bit hesitant about giving me information..

RegalGS

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal GS 6spd
Just purchased this (Injen) tonight, should be in next week sometime, can't wait to install it. My 2015 is about a month old and feels completely different from the 2012 I turned in, tis car is much more refined.

Last edited:

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
IT FITS.

The stuff inside the box...

Ok, so the INJEN intake for a 2013 Malibu 2.0 Turbo DEFINITELY fits a 2014 Regal GS.... I only drove it up and down the road a couple of times (about 5 miles), so my review (at this time) is going to be limited.

It fits, It looks pretty good, It makes cool noises...
Page 2 - it fits (was that the question?).

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
Someone needs to get the air intake temps after installing this.
Damn sprink!

I only drove the GS 3 or 4 times last month. I was on vacation. I can give you a little data, but not much...

*This morning (on my drive home)*

It was 64°F (outside) the whole drive home. The majority of my commute is on the highway. I had the heat set to 72°. The VIDI's intake reading stayed between 67° and

I let it eat when I got off the highway. A few turns and a few miles later the VIDI was reading in the mid 70°s. When I parked the car I left it running for a minute and the intake temp jumped to

I put the car in "service mode" so I could play around with some DSP settings. I probably sat there for 20-30 minutes. Before I got out of the car the VIDI was reading

I have driven on the highway with the A/C on full blast. The outside temps were only in the 80°s and the VIDI was staying between 5 and 7° above ambient temperature.

My previous vehicle was a '12 Regal GS with the LHU engine. I did have the ZZP CAI. I really didn't pay much attention to intake temps, but I did keep my eye on the approach. The only performance issues that I can even partially blame on the CAI were on the couple days a year when the road temperatures were well over 100°F and I was just pulling away from bumper to bumper traffic.... There was serious acceleration lag in the first few gears until the intercooler temp dropped back down..... I can see this also being the case with the INJEN intake.
-I say that to say this-
I found a better way to run the hoses from the oil catch can on my LTG Regal, but I needed some fittings. I decided to order from Summit instead of Jegs because Summit was one of the sponsors for Buick Race Days in Norwalk. I have ordered from Summit on eBay in the past, but it was my first time on their website. I ended up purchasing this and this to help battle the heat that is going to sneak past the heat shield (haven't installed it yet).

The way this INJEN intake amplifies all the aggressive noises the turbo makes has already snapped a few necks as I tried to quietly drive by. To me, that is worth a couple minutes a year of poor performance. Plus, if the streets taught me anything.... The first thing you do when you buy a car is to remove the dealership/previous owners license plate frames. The second thing you do is install a CAI.

Stay Woke

RegalGS

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal GS 6spd
get-attachment-2.aspx.jpg get-attachment-2.aspx.jpg get-attachment-4.aspx.jpg get-attachment-3.aspx.jpgHey guys, installed it tonight, it took my dad and I about 35 minutes , was pretty easy to do. I drove it about 20 miles, and so far I'm really happy with the performance, the car definitely feels quicker. 1st and 2nd gear feels a lot different, I have the six speed manual, it's gonna take some getting use too. The sound is amazing, you really hear the turbo and when you let of the gas, you hear the release. I got on it a little bit on the highway, it gets pretty loud, made me feel hesitant at first, lol . When down shifting, it sounds as if the car is still stock. So far i've noticed a 2.6 mpg gain, with the speed limits only being 35-40mph here in Jersey, andis only based on 20 miles being driven. So far im a happy customer, and thank you for finding this .

Pedal Commander