• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Cold air intake for Regal 2015

Will Zuniga Triana

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi guys so I own a 2016 AWD GS regal i did a stage 2 exhaust system and I want to add a cold air intake but I got confused reading this thread. What's the consensus then what should I buy the injen I take for the malibu? Or the K&N intake can you guys tell me which models are they specifically. I can also post a video of sound so you guys can see how it sounds but I need to know what to install. I dojt want to lose power.

14RegalGSAWD

Buick Newbie
Madison, WI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS AWD
I believe the stock intake sucks air via the inlet in the passenger side scoop on the front facia....so it's essentially having outside air rammed into it at whatever speed you're driving....faster you're going...the faster the air is entering the scoop inlet. The CAI I've seen are sucking hot engine compartment air....just an observation.

14RegalGSAWD

Buick Newbie
Madison, WI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS AWD
The Better you can Get air in and air out the better the performance.
True....and intake air temperature is very important, even more so with a turbo. The intercooler can only remove so much heat before sending it to the manifold. If the intake air is preheated by the engine compartment, to say 200F, that's a huge heat load for the intercooler and a big drag...you're not getting as much oxygen into the cylinders. By contrast, if the intake air is 100F (or whatever outside ambient temperature is) you could potentially be getting 2x as much oxygen into the cylinders and firing the engine with more optimal mixture....that means more power. Throttle response and lag might be improved a little...with an underhood intake...but at the sacrifice of power and efficiency.

Last edited:

Slowst.Buick

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal 2.0t
I have a 2015 Buick Regal that has the factory cold air intake. I am looking to replace it with something with a little more performance. I can't find much on the web. It seems like most products are for 2013 and below. And does anyone know if this will void the factory warranty?
I have the 2016 Buick Regal, I used the 2013 Chevy malibu 2.0t Injen and it fit up just perfect like it was made for the Buick 😂

Pedal Commander