Collision Avoidance

Bill29

Buick Ownership
Encore
Hello,

I have a 2015 Encore Premium with forward collision avoidance system. When approaching a vehicle on the road the system appears to arm ( green car symbol displays) at about 200 feet. The problem is I very rarely get the system to beep and flash collision alert on the DIC window while traveling on the highway. On one occasion, the system beeped and disconnected the cruise control at about three car lengths. The only time that I can get the system to beep and flash consistently is when approaching a parked car as a test. Unfortunately, the alert will go off so late that that I would not be able to avoid hitting the car if it was a real situation. I know this is a passive alert system with no automatic braking. However, it would seem to me the system should be more proactive with the beeps. I took the car into the Buick dealer and they replaced the camera with no improvements. When I took it back a second time they inquired with GM. GM responded the system was working as designed unless it produced an error code.

Is how I described the system functioning match what others have or is my system not working?

Thank you,

Avis

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Encore
I will not ever use my cruise control again. I rear ended a car as I left a highway to a ramp. I know full well that I did not cause the accident. My sensor also did not go off. I was told that it was up to me to stop the car, that it wasn't Buick's fault. I don't drive like that. I am sure that when I applied the brake to leave the highway, my cruise control stuck. I have seen one person say the same thing about his cruise control on his Buick and I know another car company that had over 4000 recalls on their cruise controls. When I trade in this vehicle, it will definitely not be for another Buick.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.