Computer and electrical issues

sbj79

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hello all,

I have a 2013 Verano and recently my computer system has been on the fritz. I start my car with no issues but then my dash info area says I need to service pretty much everything on my car (Air Bags, Anti Theft system, Side Detection System, etc.). None of my gauges work either (gas, speedometer, rpms). The digital display for speed and gas do not work as well. My intellilnk and radio will also not come on. The car still drives fine and my lights and blinkers are on but I have no indication on my dash that they are on or working. The other issue is that sometimes it does this and sometimes it turns on with no issues at all. I called my local dealership and they told me they would have to charge me $100 for every service indicator that showed and I do not want to pay thousands of dollars if it's a simple corroded wire or something that simple. I have a friend that has a Chevy Cruze and his car had the same issues and it was a loose ground terminal connection. If anyone has any info on what this problem might be and could give me advice on how to proceed, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
call another dealer, the comment of $100 for every service indicator makes no sense. If they told you diagnosis will be $100 per hour that would sound correct. Why isnt this issue covered by the 4 year 50K mile warranty, did you buy this car used from a private party?

sbj79

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I bought it from a dealership but I'm over 50k miles so I'm not under warranty anymore.

Bill_S

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Check the SMALL wire going from the negative clamp to ground. It may make its connection to ground thru a crimped connection to another wire. On the '88 LeSabre that was where I encountered the actual failure; the crimp couldn't maintain a connection between the wires within the crimp. The other small wire on the '88 that went to ground on the chassis was ok. Check 'em all!

I hope you have found the problem before this goes on the board.

Bill S.

7D1977

Buick Ownership
2013 Verano
Hello all,

I have a 2013 Verano and recently my computer system has been on the fritz. I start my car with no issues but then my dash info area says I need to service pretty much everything on my car (Air Bags, Anti Theft system, Side Detection System, etc.). None of my gauges work either (gas, speedometer, rpms). The digital display for speed and gas do not work as well. My intellilnk and radio will also not come on. The car still drives fine and my lights and blinkers are on but I have no indication on my dash that they are on or working. The other issue is that sometimes it does this and sometimes it turns on with no issues at all. I called my local dealership and they told me they would have to charge me $100 for every service indicator that showed and I do not want to pay thousands of dollars if it's a simple corroded wire or something that simple. I have a friend that has a Chevy Cruze and his car had the same issues and it was a loose ground terminal connection. If anyone has any info on what this problem might be and could give me advice on how to proceed, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
I am having same issue, did you ever find the cause of this issue, would much appreciate any direction to fix this issue. Thank you in advance

nlacomb

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
My wife's Verano had this issue. After much diagnostic work it ended up being the body control module. A roughly 300 dollar part at cost, and then it needs to be configured to each component in the car. I had a local mechanic/family friend do it for us at around 700 dollars with labor. I imagine it would be at least 3 times that at a dealer.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.