Concept-RS, front splitter for Insignia OPC... installed!

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise
It finally arrived, and I went out this afternoon to test-fit it. Right now it's just being held in by the included speed screws, I will be putting in some thru bolts and some large washers when I get back from the city in a few days.

Hopefully also in a few days, the weather will be nicer and ill be able to get better pics. No matter what I did I could not get a decent shot in these clouds.

I honestly don't know if i like it! I like the look, but i's very hard plastic, quite grainy, and it's "hollow" -- meaning the underside is not flat... "if you laid it upside down it would hold water" is the best way I can describe it without a picture. That means it won't ride over things that it hits on the road, i think there's a chance it will get caught on them :eek:

b63673be330491a6ccd58030feba08d9.jpg

6128c959d129875eec35457137829181.jpg

0f70751446c264019af2e72bd1a9d0ec.jpg

VehicleCityGS

Buick Ownership
Buick
Head on shot looks good, side shot not sure. I think maybe painted body color would make it fit better.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
Totally off topic, but the first picture has reflections of buildings off of the car, and it makes your car look like it is a very dark wine color. I might have to change the color of my car now. It looks flat out gorgeous.

The splitter? Looks sweet! I see you are in New York, hopefully it doesn't snow too much where you live, that thing looks like a shovel. I live in WI, and soon to be MN, so I will have to hold off until I move further south in a few years for work.

MayorMcCheese

Buick Ownership
Buick
gotta be honest .. i like the idea of it but i dont like it on the black

if you had the gray metalic itd look great cause it would just blend nicely in but on black it just doesnt look right

just my opinion but im a perfectionist .. it took me 5 hrs today to find oil for my GS and i had to get it shipped from georgia in special eco bags .. thats how nuts i am with perfect lol

Garrus

The Citadel via Cincinnati
Buick Ownership
2013 BDT Regal GS
88. I cannot quite explain it myself, whether I like it or not. The pictures online looked amazing and I am curious what it will look like on another colored car.
It's hard to describe it...the piece itself looks cool, but the flat black color on the black car, almost takes away from the sleek line and elegance of the GS. It almost gives it a too cluttered and fat looking front end. And I don’t mean this as strongly as it sounds, but it looks almost borderline ‘ricey’. The direct front shot looks great, it is the side shot that I am referring to. If you do decide to go with a carbon painted piece like maddon suggested, it might turn the whole look around. Keep us posted, and more pics! Cheers.

Last edited:

TprGTO

MA
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
OP, could you please measure the ground clearance with the splitter installed?
I'm interested as to how much has been lost after the install.

DonRican

Buick Ownership
2012 GS
One more mod for my car. You guys are going to make me broke! :)

ImminentFailure

Troy, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal 11
In it's current form I don't like it at all. Really elongates the nose. The product photos show it on a lowered car, and I think it would look much better with a lower, and forward racking car like it's displayed on.

I would be interested in see it body color match quite a lot.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!