Condensation on front & back inside windows! Why? No leaks!

oldteach

Buick Ownership
Buick
My 2010 LaCrosse gets pretty heavy condensation on the inside front and rear windows almost nightly in the winter here in humid Maryland. I'm the past that had always meant mosture build up inside due to a water leak. But I have checked every where inside, and it is dry. The car is not garaged and I do not use it often. Could It have something to do with the triple rubber sealing of the car windows and insulated windows trapping moisture inside? Does anyone else have the same problem and why is this happening so much?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Make sure that the HVAC switch is not on recirculate and switched to fresh / outside air is on, check the trunk for leaks also. Check the other cars in your neighborhood and there windows.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
'07CXL has the best answer but check sunroof also incase slightly ajar. When we open ours I usually can't even notice if it's open or not with the wind deflector.

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
14 Lacrosse Premium AWD 15 Enclave Premium
I have seen water in the spare tire well of a chevy impala cause the same problem you are having. I am not saying that is what is going on but it is a place i would check.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Probably wrong but recall something about sun roof drain
channels are part of the trunk drain off lines.

Many don't know about the underneath drain holes in body seams where jacking points are either. Can get plugged and rusts body out from water and debris.

Being a hollow metal shell, also safest place to be in lightening storm (not the tires that insulate lol). Was struck once and it was invigorating. In PU truck and after was full of static electricity and the smell of Brimstone in cab. Think I may of blacked out for a second also. Was parked under tree no less, severe rain storm⛈

Eilustre

Buick Newbie
Maryland
Buick Ownership
16' Buick Regal GS "Ebony Metallic" & 17' BMW M3 F80
I live in MD too, check make sure all your rubbers are not crack or cut, all drains are free from crap iex, trunk, sunroof etc...replacing cabin filter to have good circulation in air flow. thats all i can think of man

Thomas Daniel

Buick Ownership
2011 Lacrosse
I had the same condensation problem, was a leak in the rt rear wheel well and was filling the spare tire well, drained the well and water problem solved after caulking the hole.