• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Confidence Pkg 1 and 2

lurch70

Queens, NY
Buick Ownership
Owned a 1976 Regal & 1990 Riviera
Hello everyone ... new to the forum.

Interested in a 2019 TourX and when building an Essence on Buick.com I only see Confidence 1 as an available Package ... what is Confidence 2 include and any idea why it's not on the website as a build option? ... I do some cars at dealers that include it.

Thanks much!

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
Driver Confidence Package 1 is available if you select the Essence Sportback trim level. I didn't check any others. I know it's not available on some of the lower trims; it may be standard on GS and/or Avenir. But if you want to see what it includes, build a Regal Sportback on the website.

Rb0891

Indiana
Driver Confidence Package 1 is available if you select the Essence Sportback trim level. I didn't check any others. I know it's not available on some of the lower trims; it may be standard on GS and/or Avenir. But if you want to see what it includes, build a Regal Sportback on the website.
I do know it still shows up on the 2018 tourx build configurator if that is still online

Rb0891

Indiana
Good question. As I mentioned, before I bought mine a few months back, I noticed the configurator separated it out for the 2018 but not the 2019. Wonder if it is still an option, but is on every 2019 essence. Be curious to see a 2019 essence window sticker.

lurch70

Queens, NY
Buick Ownership
Good question. As I mentioned, before I bought mine a few months back, I noticed the configurator separated it out for the 2018 but not the 2019. Wonder if it is still an option, but is on every 2019 essence. Be curious to see a 2019 essence window sticker.
I'm going to check out a few 2019's today in person that have all the packages ... will report back on the window sticker.

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
The following is from the order reference guide. There are actually two versions of the confidence 1 package depending on if its a Preferred or Essence.

Based on this packages 1 and 2 should be separate available options on the Essence, where you should be able to choose package 1, or if you want 2 it will include the features from 1. So you should also be able to get an Essence without any confidence package.

TourX Confidence Packages.JPG

You can access the order guide here:

Model Information - Online Ordering Guide

Select "Print Book" > either "Print Model" for the entire order guide, or one of the individual sections > Select "Print" in the top right corner, and it will create a PDF of the order guide.

lurch70

Queens, NY
Buick Ownership
ok great ... thanks for clearing that up ... I currently have a 16 XC90 that came with all the nanny features ... while they are helpful really the Auto Break is the only feature that helped a few times in dense traffic here in NYC.
Those LED headlamps seem like a must though ... oh well ... dilemmas. :)

fng

Delaware Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Essence Frost White Tri-Coat
Speaking from my recollection of shopping for a 2018 Sportback Essence last July:
1. The LED lights alone are worth the package price.
2. The blind spot warning is nice to have, but not essential. We've gotten by without it for decades, but most of us know someone who looked over their shoulder to check before changing lanes only to rear-end the car that stopped in front of them while they were looking back.
3. Rear cross traffic alert is useful in a world where you'll be backing out of parking spaces with a Soccermom Urban Vehicle on one side and a jacked-up pickup truck on the other.

I forget what else is in Driver Confidence 1.

I passed on DC2 because some of it's features might render the car unusable if a sensor failed; I'm not a Luddite but neither am I an early adopter.

lurch70

Queens, NY
Buick Ownership
Back here after 3 months and now without a car for 2 weeks. Returned our Volvo lease and it's do or die this weekend for a new car.
The TourX is still on the table and now has wife approval :) ...
Problem is it seems quite a lot have sold in the NYC Tri State during the summer and I lost out on what I wanted ... loaded Essence.

I do still have some possibilities but they are about 150-200 miles away. How much do you think dealers will discount this Labor Day weekend on remaining 2019 stock? ... 20-25% possible?

The new 2020 Outback is a compelling option too but I won't get any "deals" on that ... it seems hella improved all around and while I still prefer the uniqueness and rarity of the TourX, it's in the running.

ECB

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Back here after 3 months and now without a car for 2 weeks. Returned our Volvo lease and it's do or die this weekend for a new car.
Problem is it seems quite a lot have sold in the NYC Tri State during the summer and I lost out on what I wanted ... loaded Essence.

I do still have some possibilities but they are about 150-200 miles away. How much do you think dealers will discount this Labor Day weekend on remaining 2019 stock? ... 20-25% possible?

The new 2020 Outback is a compelling option too but I won't get any "deals" on that ... it seems hella improved all around and while I still prefer the uniqueness and rarity of the TourX, it's in the running.
I bought a 2018 TourX Essence with DC 1&2 Pano Roof, Floor mats and locking lug nuts as a CPO with extended warranties and two free oil changes and 6000 miles on the odometer for $26,000. out the door price. Original sticker was 42,000. Just another option for you to consider.

Orestm

Buick Ownership
Regal tourx

Couple of things about the Outback (I own a Subaru Legacy, but w/6spd manual and turbo engine.) It's underpowered relative to the TourX (way underpowered) and it has a CVT (yuch!) We too looked at the Outback and quickly decided on the TourX. We haven't regretted our choice.

lurch70

Queens, NY
Buick Ownership
Couple of things about the Outback (I own a Subaru Legacy, but w/6spd manual and turbo engine.) It's underpowered relative to the TourX (way underpowered) and it has a CVT (yuch!) We too looked at the Outback and quickly decided on the TourX. We haven't regretted our choice.
The 2020 Outback has a 260hp Turbo option starting at $35k with totally updated interior / infotainment system. The reviews have been stellar, but they are all "in transit" and not at dealers yet. I would not consider the 2019 or the 2020 with the smaller hp engine.

Pedal Commander