• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Confidence Pkg 1 and 2

Red_X

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
2020s are new - now on the Subaru global platform. I know the Impreza gamed up over the last generation in just about every way but power when it moved to that platform in '17. It's possible the Outback will too (sounds like Lurch's wife is leaning toward an XT with that turbo). CVTs do sap power but lately feel a lot more like regular automatics. I'll point out, though, I had to have a CVT replaced at 30K (they're not designed to be fixed) because of a bad bearing. And with that said, I've heard Subaru's going through some growing pains right now that are making a dent in their quality. Plus the risk of the traditional first-model-year bugs. So I'd be wary.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
2020s are new - now on the Subaru global platform. I know the Impreza gamed up over the last generation in just about every way but power when it moved to that platform in '17. It's possible the Outback will too (sounds like Lurch's wife is leaning toward an XT with that turbo). CVTs do sap power but lately feel a lot more like regular automatics. I'll point out, though, I had to have a CVT replaced at 30K (they're not designed to be fixed) because of a bad bearing. And with that said, I've heard Subaru's going through some growing pains right now that are making a dent in their quality. Plus the risk of the traditional first-model-year bugs. So I'd be wary.
I'm keeping an eye on this new Legacy/Outback. It will be 6 years or so before I'm thinking about another vehicle but if the sedan/wagon choices in the market continue to dwindle I'd take a hard look at a Legacy XT.

joshuab

Novi, MI
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Haha ... been talking to a sales rep on the phone who is super helpful from there, but the deal is still at around $35k ... he told me the manager is sticking to it.

That's too much coin ... would you mind sharing the price you got from them? you can Message me direct if you'd like.

Thanks for the tip!
I got my 2019, Summit White, with DC 1 and 2, S and S, Pano, and factory roof crossbars and all weather mats for 32600 before TTL. Keep trying!

lurch70

Queens, NY
Buick Ownership
Owned a 1976 Regal & 1990 Riviera
I got my 2019, Summit White, with DC 1 and 2, S and S, Pano, and factory roof crossbars and all weather mats for 32600 before TTL. Keep trying!
Yeah, that's more like it ... I'll see what I can do.

lurch70

Queens, NY
Buick Ownership
Owned a 1976 Regal & 1990 Riviera
Aren't those kinda tin-can-ish and have a CVT? I guess if that doesn't bother you for the $ they want...
The new 2020's (just hitting dealers) are pretty up there quality wise and also very modern interior. Could be had for $35-$38 with a 260hp turbo engine and all the goodies of a loaded TourX ... so a pretty good deal ... on something that holds its value well.
The badass look of the TourX and it's uniqueness is the only reason I am still here ... I don't shop at the Gap :)

Pedal Commander