• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Considering a LaCrosse

owens2024

Buick Ownership
Looking for a LaCrosse
Hi all,

I am looking at buying a used 2017 LaCrosse Premium (w/ Driver Confidence package 2). Was wondering if there is anything particular I should be on the lookout for? I found this forum and thought it best to ask the experts!

I really love the styling and features, it is too bad the LaCrosse is being discontinued in the US.

I plan to ask the dealer to run the "build sheet" as the color listed on CarFax ("Vehicle color noted as black") does not match the actual color (white). No reported accidents, so I assume it is just a typo.

Also when I test drove the car the dealer said it did not have navigation, but I thought at that trim level that navigation was included. Is that something that can be turned off/on?

Thanks for the help.

- Lee

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
Yes, if it's a premium I believe it should have Nav. You can tell by trying to use the navigation next time you're at the dealer. if it doesn't come up, then it's off/disabled/not included. The full build sheet should also mention it.

I'm pleased with my lower trim 2017. If you decide to not want stop/start, there's a defeat being sold. But the system is decent. The forum has a lot of posts about many of the quirks and features, so I suggest searching for anything you might have doubts or concerns.

LaCruise

Buick Newbie
Salt Lake City
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse Premium AWD
Hi all,

I am looking at buying a used 2017 LaCrosse Premium (w/ Driver Confidence package 2). Was wondering if there is anything particular I should be on the lookout for? I found this forum and thought it best to ask the experts!

I really love the styling and features, it is too bad the LaCrosse is being discontinued in the US.

I plan to ask the dealer to run the "build sheet" as the color listed on CarFax ("Vehicle color noted as black") does not match the actual color (white). No reported accidents, so I assume it is just a typo.

Also when I test drove the car the dealer said it did not have navigation, but I thought at that trim level that navigation was included. Is that something that can be turned off/on?

Thanks for the help.

- Lee
You will not regret buying your LaCrosse. I have a 2017 Premium and love it. I’ve had it for a year and never had a single problem after 17,000 miles. You would have to pay twice as much to get comparable features and quality in most other cars. I get complements on mine all the time. Most people don’t even know what make it is. Even with the crossover craze, I believe GM could have sold many more if they only advertised more and kept the price lower especially on the higher trim models.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Don't believe you'll have any regrets. Appears there is some pride that goes into the assembly process and the slope back design, just like looking at the car- period. Ours is a '16, have had 3 years now and no plans to upgrade for a time. A bit under 10K miles on OD, retirement is great.

Crestwood

Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse Essence
I, too, bought a used 2017 LaCrosse Essence. It was an excellent buy with less than 3000 miles, priced at $23,500, with a number of options. I have very few complaints about the car -- it drives very nicely, is comfortable, gets good highway gas mileage, etc. There are a few things I would improve, however, and you might want to consider these points in your own evaluation:
1. Driver views from inside are somewhat restricted, due mainly to the wide roof pillars and small rear windshield. If you are a taller person, this may cause problems.
2. If you are seeking a softer ride, choose the 18" wheels. The 20" wheels provide crisper handling, but can be a bit harsh over potholes and rough surfaces. Try both size wheels if you can.
3. The start/stop feature can prove a mild annoyance, but I got used to it and have come to appreciate it.
4. The trunk is not very large for a full-size sedan, but it's certainly adequate for luggage of 2-3 people.
Bottom line: if you can get a good price, the LaCrosse is a lot of car.

Last edited:

Buck000

Buick Ownership
2018 LaCrosse Essence 4c 2.5L
Don't believe you'll have any regrets. Appears there is some pride that goes into the assembly process and the slope back design, just like looking at the car- period. Ours is a '16, have had 3 years now and no plans to upgrade for a time. A bit under 10K miles on OD, retirement is great.
i drive a 2017 essence for a year 3.6L and loved it. the body shape is slightly different that the 18, i believe. the engine power left nothing to be desired.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Roger that on the eco-boost. Have had a few cars as such, floor the pedal and the car goes even slower lol. The 3.6 though is quite adequate IMHO. Propels the car well up steep hills in ME and don’t note any hesitation. Has its limits though, other car is a beast for comparing🤗

leviramsey

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2018 LaCrosse Essence (2.5L eAssist)
I love my 2018 LaCrosse Essence. 40k miles and 33 overall mpg thanks to eAssist (not available on the '17s, of course).

Mr Swingline

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Encore Premium
Bought our 2017 Lacrosse brand new, it has been over 30k trouble free miles so far, the car is an absolute interstate crusher it eats miles. Very smooth ride and we consistently average 30mpg on the highway. Ours is a premium with every option except the 20inch wheels. As mentioned earlier you should drive both if you have the option as we decided the ride on the 18 inch was far superior. The complaints we have are very few, in the hot months I find the ventilated seats are pretty weak not nearly as effective as in my GMC Sierra. Also the truck opening is rather small for a large car. Besides that I can wholeheartedly reccomend this car it has been great and I'm sad to see the large sedans dying. If Buick doesn't continue with sedans I will hold onto this one as long as possible!20180615_140923.jpg

Pedal Commander