Staff member
Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Buick Ownership
None right now

Everett McDaniel

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi,all-- That is like asking :who shot John or who is on first.".. I`ve had 3 0r 4 buicks in my lifetime,and Buick has always stood by them and me.
That is why I bought the buick Encore AWD. It had the least {3} consumer complaints. I had three picked out. 1-the buick 2-Nissan Rogue-3-The jeep cherokee.. the encore had 3 minor[paint, speed,room] ,the nissan rogue[I think ]72 at that time,the Jeep a 172.

I luv my Buick..,Everett--Buy Buick,Have a great weekend..

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
I got a good deal on the '17 LaCrosse. I don't regret it for a second. Only thing listed I can agree with is the sometimes harsh gear changes with the 8 speed auto. It's good most of the time, but occasionally I experience a downshift that I'd describe as clunky. But it's a minor nit on what I'd say is otherwise a superb car.

Chris Heinen

Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CX
If I were in the market for a brand new car, I would expect the manufacturer/dealer to "make it right" one way or another for material defects. It's the brand's name on the line. Only if the brand didn't care about after-sale experience would there be a problem (IMHO). Now, my idea of "material defects" are probably going to be different that the next person's, and so begins the confusion. To me, scary cars to avoid would be new model years where the engineers were introducing fundamental technology changes (eAssist/hybrid, etc.). However, I'm not a car engineer and have no insight into their R&D process (would be a good thread topic in and of itself).

That being said, for us used-car buying guys/gals, does anyone know of trustworthy websites that recap "reliable" pre-owned cars? As an example, I've scanned "carcomplaints.com" but their supposed user-written reviews either look fake, uninformed, or otherwise unuseful in some way. If you were trying to decide on a used car and were unfamiliar with the brand or model, where would you go to gather info in order to make a decision?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
It's pretty simple to find a reliable used vehicle, it needs to start out as a reliable new car.

TSB and recalls on makes, models and year are signs of keeping away from a particular vehicle. Who knows what vehicles to avoid, used car dealers as they will take a problem vehicle to the auctions. Previous owner maintenance is one of the items that ranks highly, if properly maintained it will provide great service, if not the new owner is stuck with the problems and of course blames the vehicle, not that they didn't look into it harder.

Due diligence on the buyer's part is the only way to get reliable used car.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
NHTSA for recalls, TSB are on site's, some give a abridged title and then it's a pay service to pull up details. Cheap investment considering what is being purchased and it can make a difference sometimes that a single year model has the problem but before and after are fine.

Example, 1985 Monte Carlo SS, no issues last year of the carb, 1986 first year fuel injection TB and intake manifold problems, 1987 no issues. While Chevy did have a fix, if you were to go to a used lot and see a 86 & 87 you wouldn't know that one may have a known problem for one year.

Chris Heinen

Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CX
(@ntorch) I saw that too. Not sure what to make of Consumer Reports. Flagging the MX-5 as "no longer recommended" is weird. The MX-5 is arguably the most popular production roadster and now (suddenly) they don't make the cut? Who's zoom-zooming who here?

Banjo

Buick Ownership
2018 Reagal GS
Drive the hell out of it, you have 3 years to try and break it.. Thats what Im doin so far no problems.......18 Regal GS

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.