• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

coolant leak again

G-745158

So my wifes 2013 has sprung another coolant leak...I can see it all over bottom of the transmissin case underneath...looks like its coming from rear of engine...Only thing i see is a plastic connector part for the coolant hose...I know its not thermostat housing on front of engine, that was already done along with a lot of the oil seals in front...that repair cost about $1500 if I remember correctly and happened 50 miles before warranty expired at close to 70K..Really like this car but it likes to leak alot..anyone else have the leak at rear of engine?

Sheila

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore Sport Touring Package
Lucky you. The coolant hose on my 2015 encore sprung a leak two weeks after my warranty expired. Took Greiner Buick in Victorville Ca three days to get part and repair it. cost $469.00 to replace hose. Got so pissed off, I drove to Las Vegas the next day and got a new Buick with a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty for $2000.00 less than what they were asking in Ca. Simmering down now. 2015 Encore only had 24000 miles on it

JuanMFc15

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Encore
I'm not sure what kind of work have you already done to your car, but have you check the water pump??? Mine was leaking coolant and because of The water pump location it was hitting the belts and spread all over making very difficult to identity where exactly it was coming from, long story short, after replace most hoses, connectors and stuff and no luck, I realized that the original waterpump gasket was cooked, since my 2015 is already Over 150k miles, I replaced the whole thing, problem solved 🔧

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
I'm not sure what kind of work have you already done to your car, but have you check the water pump??? Mine was leaking coolant and because of The water pump location it was hitting the belts and spread all over making very difficult to identity where exactly it was coming from, long story short, after replace most hoses, connectors and stuff and no luck, I realized that the original waterpump gasket was cooked, since my 2015 is already Over 150k miles, I replaced the whole thing, problem solved 🔧
150k? Nice to know that people are getting this kind of mileage out of one.

Sheila

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore Sport Touring Package
Only had 24000 miles and had to replace the coolant hose. Cost me $467.00 and 3 days without a car. Two weeks out of warranty. Got so mad I traded it in.

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
Only had 24000 miles and had to replace the coolant hose. Cost me $467.00 and 3 days without a car. Two weeks out of warranty. Got so mad I traded it in.
Two weeks out of warranty? The dealer failed to go to bat for you. Find a new dealer. Did you call a regional Buick rep? Granted one should not have to do this but it's not uncommon for them to cover something when it's that's close to the end of the warranty. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

One issue with a car does not make the entire manufacturer bad. What you read online is only the complaints. Keep in mind how many thousands of owners don't really have any problems.

Pedal Commander