Coolant temperature sensor

Cihandyman

Buick Ownership
Roadmaster Limited 5.7L
93 Roadmaster Limited 5 7L
I am having a difficult time determining the correct coolant sensor for my intake manifold (ecm) sensor and my cylinderhead (interior gauge) sensor. Manifold sensor has pins that's 1/8 inch apart and the cylinderhead sensor has pins that's 1/4 inch apart. I'm getting part numbers for the cylinderhead sensor but the pins are 1/8 inch apart. Need help with proper part numbers for both sensors and where to purchase them.
Thanks
Cihandyman

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017

diggydigg

Buick Ownership
92 buick roadmaster v8 350 5.7L
i have a 92 roadmaster,and im having the problem,major problem,of finding the temp sensor,and sending unit sensor online.this very question has been posted before,and answered before,but with a different year roadmaster.i did visit the gm site offered,but the site did not have a pic of the part,although it did have a part number.after googling the part number,i got a pic of part that looks completely different from the part i need.please,please,PLEASE,anybody direct me to the correct site for a 92 buick roadmaster,engine coolant temp sensor #15326386,and coolant temp sender unit#10137628.i understand i might be terming the part names wrong,but even with the part numbers i have,i still come up with different looking parts, with same part number.on my roadmaster,one of the parts came out of the side of the engine block,and the other one is right by the thermostat on top of the manifold.both of the sensors have two prong plug-in openings.i have already bought two different sets of the sensors,in which neither set fitted.i have already spent many many many hours(over the course of a couple weeks)trying to get this on my own,with very little success.i am at my limit of frustration.please help!.thank you in advance.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Check Rockauto as they have a parts number search and most parts have photos.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Discount on RockAuto Parts!
Using your discount code is easy! Enter your discount code in the 'How Did You Hear About Us?' box without any other numbers or characters for an additional 5% savings. Discounts cannot be applied to shipping, gift certificates, or to an order once it is marked as shipped.
Code: 161384737101273235
This code expires on February 28, 2021, 12:00 Midnight CT, so do not wait!

Last edited:

diggydigg

Buick Ownership
92 buick roadmaster v8 350 5.7L
wow!.i am truly impressed by all your suggestions.rockauto was the site i shouldve been looking on that site to begin with.thank you,thank you THANK YOU(2007lucerneCXL,hotz28).although i paid alittle more than what other sites offered(and risk getting the wrong part again),it will be more than worth it.and the discount code really came in handy.thank you guys so so so much.long story short,i originally set out to change my engine gaskets.i have absolutely no prior car repair experience.i only had a walmart fifteen dollars socket set to work with,and many of my peers telling me," its not a good idea to take this huge challenge on by myself"..well after four months of struggling,i can finally say"im almost done"..i now know more about an engine now than i had ever known in the past.i have bought so many many tools,and parts,ang gadgets than ive ever owned.i have more respect and appreciation for any mechanic that does this kind of work on a daily basis.joining this forum was my last option,and this turned out to be the best idea ive had in a long time.four months to change a blown head gasket,well lets just say,its a ride ill never forget.and would do it all over again,HELL thank you guys(and gals),you are awesome!.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!