Could a bad vacuum pump effect the turbocharger

Hussein55644

Buick Ownership
Premium 1
2013 buick regal turbo my pierburg vacuum pump part# 7.03097.02.0 07 is leaking oil and I have a engine light with p0299 underboost I was wondering if the pump had anything to do with the turbo acting like that

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
The pump is driven by the camshaft and provides vacuum for your brake booster. Can't see how it would cause low boost but there are other causes than the turbo, has your mechanic ruled out other causes?

Hussein55644

Buick Ownership
Premium 1
The pump is driven by the camshaft and provides vacuum for your brake booster. Can't see how it would cause low boost but there are other causes than the turbo, has your mechanic ruled out other causes?
Not yet I'm getting it diagnosed tomorrow and ill update the thread.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
To the OP getting the vehicle properly troubleshooted by a quilfied technician is the only way to confirm what the P0299 code part(s) relate to, all of your other post are trying to guess what's wrong. Just as the first mechanic said "might" so will any posts that keep tossing another part in question. To make it simple every part is a suspect until it's confirmed good or bad which would be with a proper diagnosis.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!