• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Crank position sensor

w_simpson35

Buick Ownership
2009 Lucerne
Can anyone tell me for sure where the crank position sensor is located. I've heard it may be behind the starter or it may be behind the crank pulley. Just need a verification before I start tearing stuff apart. Also do you have to pull the engine mount to remove the starter?

w_simpson35

Buick Ownership
2009 Lucerne
Here's a diagram, #707, and instructions on the CPS. I'm not sure on the starter, it appears that it should drop out of the bottom but can't confirm.
This looks like it's for the camshaft sensor. Do you have this information for the crankshaft sensor?

w_simpson35

Buick Ownership
2009 Lucerne
Here's a diagram, #707, and instructions on the CPS. I'm not sure on the starter, it appears that it should drop out of the bottom but can't confirm.
Do you have the repair content information for part #713? Not sure what software you have that gives you this information, but it's nice as hell.

w_simpson35

Buick Ownership
2009 Lucerne
Holy crap the scope of this just got a bit bigger. I had no idea I was going to have to pull the catalytic converter off. Jeez

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
I read it also which seems it's a big project. Again sorry on the crank & cam mix up probably shouldn't be watching the NFL and answer questions.

2008LucerneCX

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne CX - 3800
I just had mine replaced. Probably could have done it myself but too lazy. You pull the balancer off and it's right there. Look on YouTube. I think a guy on there did it without removing anything too. I've never had a car F up and do so many wierd things because of a little sensor.

Pedal Commander