• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Creaking under breaking: LCA?

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
Right around the magical 10,000 mile mark the temperature dropped. I started to hear rattles when driving and chassis flex (when entering or leaving a driveway).
Recently I also noticed creaking sometimes under breaking when I come to a stop.

Is this the LCA issue?
I plan on bringing the car in for an oil change around 12,000 miles and want to bring this to their attention. Are there any magical words to tell them that will help them in looking into it?
I had that buzzing sound when ASS or engine off and they say they can't reproduce it. It still happens now and then. To me, I would look at what pumps run at engine off or ASS and go from there first. The best I can explain it is that it's behind the firewall (IE not in the engine bay) but it is something that's hard to pinpoint.

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
I also started to hear a noise when turning the steering wheel at a certain spot in the travel process.
It was not a squeek, more like a rubbing sound. Now that is gone but if I move the steering wheel back and forth I do hear a little bit of freeplay.

The car tracks straight and does not wander around.

I'll schedule service in the next week or so.

kwsims

I just recently had the lower control arms replaced on the Tourx I purchased a few months back. Make sure the shop re-aligns the front end after they replace the LCA's. I had to go back and have them do that as the toe was off, but was in and out within about an hour and a half.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!