Cruise Control, Not workin - ABS problem preventing? Light on cruise switch stays on.

Traz

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
LaSabre
First, the problem with the cruise control. It doesn't work.

This is a 2004 LeSabre that I just bought, so I don't know the history.

The On/Off switch on the steering wheel seems to latch okay, but the yellow "ON" indicator light (on the switch) is lit all the time, no matter which position the switch is in.

The cruise light on the dash does not light, ever, and the cruise will not engage.

IN ADDITION, the ABS trouble light is ON, and the Traction Control trouble light is ON. Pushing the button on the traction control doesn't do anything. I'm thinking it's the front wheel hub because I found a record in the glove box that the wheel hub was recommended to be replaced.

Is the ABS/Traction Control problem preventing my cruise control from working?

Also, why does my yellow light on the cruise button stay lit? (and of course, why doesn't the cruise work?)

any insights appreciated! ~thank you in advance

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
the abs/traction control problem is causing the cruise control to not work. Keep in mind that there may be other issues with the cruise control but you have to get the other issue taken care of first.

Traz

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
LaSabre
Thanks!!

I fixed the ABS/ Traction Control issue... it needed a new front wheel hub.

The cruise still doesn't work, so now I'm troubleshooting that.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.