• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Cruise Temporarily Unavailable - ??

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
When going to set adaptive cruise in 2019 TourX (Essence), it has a couple times in the last few days had a message in the DIC that says "temporarily unavailable". Any ideas on what's going on there appreciated.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Maybe that is the message you get when the sensor is blocked? But I have only heard of that happening on other cars in the winter when they are covered in snow.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
It was drizzling rain, and maybe dirt from road had kicked up. Would it not set cruise at all because it can't see to use the adaptive part of this cruise control system?

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Had this happen to me...it kicks off when traction control is activated

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
There is not a way to disable adaptive cruise and use traditional cruise. When the sensor is confused or not working, it's simply not possible to do any cruising.

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
The adaptive cruise control uses the camera mounted next to the rear view mirror. I would recommend using rain-x to keep the windshield as clear as possible.

Blows my mind how many people still don't use rain-x. Can't hardly see anything without it.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Glad my car does not have options that limit function of normal cruise control.
I'd say this issue has affected maybe 0.5% of the time I've wanted to use cruise control. The feature is great and makes cruise control usable again on any road that has traffic on it, which far outweighs this limitation.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
The adaptive cruise control uses the camera mounted next to the rear view mirror. I would recommend using rain-x to keep the windshield as clear as possible.

Blows my mind how many people still don't use rain-x. Can't hardly see anything without it.
Although rain-x not spacificly mentioned, the Owners Manual spacificly says NOT to use this on windshields, as it causes wipers to chatter.

I NEVER use rain-x for that same reason. If you don't use rain-x often, the wipers will chatter. Once you start to use it, you MUST continue using it or after a couple weeks, the blades will chatter.

The only way I use rain-x is on the tip of a rag to remove "scum" that builds up at the rnd of a Wiper stroke. Also on the Wiper blade itself to clean the blade.

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
Although rain-x not spacificly mentioned, the Owners Manual spacificly says NOT to use this on windshields, as it causes wipers to chatter.

I NEVER use rain-x for that same reason. If you don't use rain-x often, the wipers will chatter. Once you start to use it, you MUST continue using it or after a couple weeks, the blades will chatter.

The only way I use rain-x is on the tip of a rag to remove "scum" that builds up at the rnd of a Wiper stroke. Also on the Wiper blade itself to clean the blade.
My wipers don't chatter. I also hardly ever have to use them because the water beads right off.

hoys

Buick Ownership
None

Adaptive cruise control does not use the camera. It only relies on the radar sensor. The camera is for LDW only in the US. It is also used for Auto Highbeam/Beam forming in other regions.

Both systems send commands through the ASCM and if the ASCM doesn't get good data from either system, it will disable adaptive cruise.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
There is not a way to disable adaptive cruise and use traditional cruise. When the sensor is confused or not working, it's simply not possible to do any cruising.
This is false. You can switch over to normal cruise mode by holding the cruise cancel button. It is in the manual even. This is how my Civic did it as well.

I had the temp. unavailable for the cruise and LDW the other day while driving down the highway with it on. It warned me that it was going to shut off. It was clear out as well, just cloudy. No rain, snow, etc. When headed home later in the day, all worked as it should.

For those remarks about Rain X, I have used it on all of my vehicles. I love the stuff and put it on all of my windows and both outside mirrors. They make an additive that you can add directly to your wiper fluid reservoir now too. I am trying that for the first time currently.

I'd be curious to see if anyone that has had the power lock's not working problem, has also had their ACC hiccup.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
This is false. You can switch over to normal cruise mode by holding the cruise cancel button. It is in the manual even. This is how my Civic did it as well.
Many posts on this forum that no matter what is stated in the Owners Manual, people CAN'T switch to Manual CC from ACC by holding down the Cancel button. Covered many times.

All these Tour-X owners can't all be wrong.

If you have a Tour-X and you can switch your CC back and forth, then god bless. Most owners can't.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Many posts on this forum that no matter what is stated in the Owners Manual, people CAN'T switch to Manual CC from ACC by holding down the Cancel button. Covered many times.

All these Tour-X owners can't all be wrong.

If you have a Tour-X and you can switch your CC back and forth, then god bless. Most owners can't.
Oh really?!?! Sounds like there are some VW level gremlins with this car lol. I will count my blessings!!

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Oh really?!?! Sounds like there are some VW level gremlins with this car lol. I will count my blessings!!
I would say the documentation quality and attention to detail in GM is next to none. User manual uses "if equipped" for half the book and they are often not even equipped in any trim.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX

I had the temp. unavailable for the cruise and LDW the other day while driving down the highway with it on. It warned me that it was going to shut off. It was clear out as well, just cloudy. No rain, snow, etc. When headed home later in the day, all worked as it should.

For those remarks about Rain X, I have used it on all of my vehicles. I love the stuff and put it on all of my windows and both outside mirrors. They make an additive that you can add directly to your wiper fluid reservoir now too. I am trying that for the first time currently.

I'd be curious to see if anyone that has had the power lock's not working problem, has also had their ACC hiccup.
I don't see any correlation between these two items...but yeah as we know I had the door locks issue this week.

Separately, I've had my ACC not function under a few distinct circumstances: in very heavy rain, and in a bleak/brown rural landscape. The manual mentions both as reasons the ACC may shut itself off with that warning in the DIC. Let us know if you're able to use regular cruise by holding that "cancel" button...I'd sure be interested in hearing confirmation of that.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Yes sorry, it sounds like I drew my weapon too quickly on that reply. I completely missed where it didn't work on trying to switch over to standard mode. I will give it a try when I leave work today and report back on my results. Any indication on if it's yet another red/white needle specific item? Should it happen to work for me, I have an early build red needle.

I don't think the two items were/are correlated really, Pacer69. I was just trying to kill two birds with one stone and mention both in the same post, since both were brought up in the thread.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Yes sorry, it sounds like I drew my weapon too quickly on that reply. I completely missed where it didn't work on trying to switch over to standard mode. I will give it a try when I leave work today and report back on my results. Any indication on if it's yet another red/white needle specific item? Should it happen to work for me, I have an early build red needle.

I don't think the two items were/are correlated really, Pacer69. I was just trying to kill two birds with one stone and mention both in the same post, since both were brought up in the thread.
I don't think any of us have been able to cancel ACC, regardless of red or white needles. But do let us know if you figure out a magic combo.

Pedal Commander