Cruise Temporarily Unavailable - ??

FavaBean

DE
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I was playing around today and found something fairly interesting....

We know that by toggling the cruise button (B) on and off, the adaptive cruise control turns on and off with each press. When active, the symbol and speed shows up in the area I circled in blue.

The owner's manual states to turn off the adaptive cruise control, you're supposed to press and hold the adaptive cruise control. Previous posts have confirmed nothing happens.

I tried it today but continued to hold the cancel button (A) for a long time. After about 20+ seconds, the adaptive cruise control symbol turned off in the DIC. From that point on, I was UNABLE TO REACTIVATE the ACC (as if the A and B buttons stopped working). It acted as if I disabled the ACC.

Unfortunately, no combination of button pressing would activate regular cruise control, leaving us without a solution. (Yes, anti-climactic indeed, but maybe someone can help solve from here?)

I'll continue to play around with different button combinations and report back if I find out anything new.

BTW - Once you go through an ignition on/off cycle, everything is reset back to normal.

2123559024.png

1299909077.png

Ctrcbob

Regal Tour-X
I have not been brave enough to try switching from ACC to regular CC as I’m happy with ACC.

That being said, who is brave enough to try switching while in Service Mode? (Car not running, foot OFF brake, press start/stop button for six or seven seconds). Of course the car could not be moving but who is brave enough to try it?

Not me. I’m chicken. <grin>

BTW: Has anytime asked Buick if there is a computer update (fix) for this?

BoostedRegal2.0

2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
That might work, but when you start the motor it will probably reset back to ACC enabled.

It's possible that you can hold the B button after the message in the DIC says "ACC temporarily unavailable" and it might go into standard cruise mode.

Last edited:

garbageguy

Regal TourX 2019
Thanks for all the input. Haven't had this happen again (yet). Will play around with cancel button - although I do like the ACC (first I've had), and have developed habits to use it successfully in many conditions.

Silverarrow

Sustaining Member
1963 Riviera, 2020 TourX Essence
Had this happen to me...it kicks off when traction control is activated
Had the same issue....this was the fix for my 2020 Tourx.
Turn TC "ON" and the ACC works fine.

Same with my Wife's CT6 with SuperCrusie.
It won't engage until ALL the factory safety features are On / Active.

Vicfirth

Memphis, TN
'19 Buick Regal Tourx
Adaptive cruise control does not use the camera. It only relies on the radar sensor. The camera is for LDW only in the US. It is also used for Auto Highbeam/Beam forming in other regions.

Both systems send commands through the ASCM and if the ASCM doesn't get good data from either system, it will disable adaptive cruise.
WTB acronym chart (ASAP)

White guy

tourx
Although rain-x not spacificly mentioned, the Owners Manual spacificly says NOT to use this on windshields, as it causes wipers to chatter.

I NEVER use rain-x for that same reason. If you don't use rain-x often, the wipers will chatter. Once you start to use it, you MUST continue using it or after a couple weeks, the blades will chatter.

The only way I use rain-x is on the tip of a rag to remove "scum" that builds up at the rnd of a Wiper stroke. Also on the Wiper blade itself to clean the blade.
Wipers will only "Chatter" when they have taken a set due to being old and dried out due to UV curing (sun baked), insufficient pressure or to contamination of the windsheild and/or contamination on the blades.

Studied this extensively while working at an automotive supplier.

hoys

None
WTB acronym chart (ASAP)
Think it's referred to as an "ACSM" (Advanced Crash Safety Module)
Correct. It is located in the back of the vehicle in the rear drivers (right) wheel well underneath the removable cargo floor. It ties together a lot of data busses in the vehicle to make a reliable system. GM is an odd-man-out in placing the ASCM in the rear of the vehicle. I feel it might be used as a data recorder as well so they hope to preserve data in the case of a catastrophic crash?

Turbo Buick Badge