• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Daytime LED lights

CBluml

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hello Everyone! Happy I found this place!
Does anyone know how to install the daytime LED lights that go underneath the headlights? Yes where the accent piece is. Do you have to remove the bumper cover?
Have a lot of mods and want to get started. Thanks for your help.
By the way, found them on ebay, search buick encore.

CBluml

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
ya, those are the exact lights I have. I have seen pictures of them being installed with the front top bumper and grille pulled forward and the bottom still attached. So it looks more like the front end is leaning forward. Does anyone have any good description on how to install these lights?
By the way Staetik, google search, they do have different styles now.

08Bluesky

The Burgh
Buick Ownership
Encore

I “Like” but….

My concern is; Is there a way to then turn OFF the low beam headlights (presently used as DRL’s)?

For (#1) “IF” those LEDs are mighty bright and adequate… and (#2) if “both” are on it’d be kinda goofy????

Another concern… Before I’d spend $100+ on some LED kit from China where I had no practical knowledge of just how good, bright and long lasting they’d be (even if they do look to fit right into place).

I’d consider Hella brand LED DLR’s – For I know they make good stuff when it comes to Auto lights.

Last edited:

CBluml

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I “Like” but….

My concern is; Is there a way to then turn OFF the low beam headlights (presently used as DRL’s)?

For (#1) “IF” those LEDs are mighty bright and adequate… and (#2) if “both” are on it’d be kinda goofy????

Another concern… Before I’d spend $100+ on some LED kit from China where I had no practical knowledge of just how good, bright and long lasting they’d be (even if they do look to fit right into place).

I’d consider Hella brand LED DLR’s – For I know they make good stuff when it comes to Auto lights.
Alright, I got them in. With a strong thin piece of plastic, slowly get in between the bumper cover and point of accent piece and slowly pry/pop it off.
08Bluesky, I'm going to research how to wire them in. I've seen both, wired with low beams on and low beams off. I'll keep checking back in and let you know if I find anything.

mikepc2fla

Cape Coral, FL
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
Please do! I've been wanting to get these for the past few months but haven't pulled the trigger due to not really knowing how they'd wire-up. I hope they look great!

CBluml

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Please do! I've been wanting to get these for the past few months but haven't pulled the trigger due to not really knowing how they'd wire-up. I hope they look great!
mikepc2fla, Check google "buick encore driving lights", they have a lot more options now, a little more money but very nice. Yes I started researching this and found a few things on wiring them. I'll get right back.

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
Looking at Walmart a couple of days ago. They have several sizes of pre-packaged LED light kits, with wiring, instructions, and a lighted switch. I was thinking about maybe getting them, if I can find someone to install them. I wouldn't worry about having the DRL and the LEDs on together. The purpose of the lights is to get other driver's attention. The way people drive today, like idiots, the more ways to get their attention, the better. I might find a place on the rear to mount them. That might slow down the tailgaters. I like the Encore for the gas mileage, but it is more dangerous due to it's size.

Last edited:

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore
I also noticed this morning when I had the lights on, that the front side marker lamps are 3 led's. If the side marker, and 3rd brake light are led's, why don't offer led brake/tail lights like my wife's new Malibu has? I am kinda angry at Buick. Buick is supposed to be a cut above Chevrolet. My Dad always got a new Buick every three years, my Mom had Chevy station wagons and got a new one on about the same schedule. I could sure tell the difference in trim levels between them.