De-badged

warmpabst

Lake Orion, MI
Buick Ownership
Verano
Just finished and had to share with you all! What do you think?

It took a lot longer than I expected, but the last car I did had 12 year old emblems. These things are stick-y!
Wash, heat, Goo-Gone 100x, de-grease, wash, clay, swirl remover, wax, post online, go to bed!

alpet

Cranston, RI
Buick Ownership
2012 Crystal Red Verano - window tint - lip spoiler
It's a matter of preferance, I've de-badged & re-badged cars in the past.
In this case, I prefer to keep the Buick & Verano as is, it balances the butt end. Now it looks like it's missing something, but that's my opinion, if you like it, that's what really matters.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
It's a matter of preferance, I've de-badged & re-badged cars in the past.
In this case, I prefer to keep the Buick & Verano as is, it balances the butt end. Now it looks like it's missing something, but that's my opinion, if you like it, that's what really matters.

I toiled over whether to remove the badges from my LaCrosse's hiney. Wife said it was ok but I just couldn't. I had talked to a body shop friend about something and he told me they couldn't go back on without buying a new set for like $50 a word so I just bagged the idea fro fear of not loving the end result and wanting to go back.

[My Car's (dirty) Tush with Emblems]
[Naked Example #1]
[Nude Tush #2]

I've decided I'm leaving the emblems alone but I could probably go either way :)

warmpabst

Lake Orion, MI
Buick Ownership
Verano
Thanks everyone! I think it gives a bit of mystery to the car, and I thought two Buick badges were redundant.
Also I photoshopped a photo real quick to see if I would like it.

longislander

LI, NY
Buick Ownership
'15 Encore Premium FWD White Pearl/Saddle (wife's car)
I don't get the debadging concept at all. To me badges on a car are like jewelry on a clothing outfit...accent pieces that dress it up a bit.

dwssas

Buick Ownership
Buick
Looks like a -blue ribbon- job to me. I like it.

Gramps

Niagara, Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Encore Essence
View attachment 3051 Hi. I debadged my Verano trunk. I used dental floss to remove the buick and verano badge.Wrap the dental floss around a finger on each hand and move the floss up and down between the badge and metal. The badge will come off in about 2 minutes. Then use a hair dryer to heat the part left and use your finger to rub the sticky part off. Use alcohol to remove the glue, then wax cleaner, then wax, wax . My Verano is cristal red.

Last edited:

Gramps

Niagara, Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Encore Essence
Hi. I debadged my Verano trunk. I used dental floss to remove the buick and verano badge.Wrap the dental floss around a finger on each hand and move the floss up and down between the badge and metal. The badge will come off in about 2 minutes. Then use a hair dryer to heat the part left and use your finger to rub the sticky part off. Use alcohol to remove the glue, then wax cleaner, then wax, wax . My Verano is cristal red. View attachment 3052

Last edited:

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
What do you make of these blacked-out taillights? Is that something you'd consider adding to the de-badged clean look?

Hulk311

Buick Ownership
Buick
Looks very nice, but what about the round Buick symbol that is in between the taillights? Anyone plan on taking that off as well?

warmpabst

Lake Orion, MI
Buick Ownership
Verano
Lookin' good Gramps!

Marc I do like the blacked out lights, but only on a black car where they blend in. On any other color I think they stand out too much. I'd love to see some on, say, a black LaCrosse with the chrome tail light trim. ;)

Hulk I really like the surfboards, so I'm keeping mine. Plus I suspect it might be pinned in place. It would be super stealthy without it, though. Nobody would know what it is! :cool:

GolfingDuo

Central Massachusetts
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring
Hi. I debadged my Verano trunk. I used dental floss to remove the buick and verano badge.Wrap the dental floss around a finger on each hand and move the floss up and down between the badge and metal. The badge will come off in about 2 minutes. Then use a hair dryer to heat the part left and use your finger to rub the sticky part off. Use alcohol to remove the glue, then wax cleaner, then wax, wax . My Verano is cristal red. View attachment 3052

If it wasnt for the Buick logo and a few others that profile looked an aweful lot like my Pontiac G6. I loved that color. I think they got it from that car. My daughter now gets the privilege of driving that sporty car.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
Marc I do like the blacked out lights, but only on a black car where they blend in. On any other color I think they stand out too much. I'd love to see some on, say, a black LaCrosse with the chrome tail light trim. ;)

I hadn't thought about the silver tailight trim, that might be a little funny looking. Hmmm... yeah, probably not, it's not horrible though :)

warmpabst

Lake Orion, MI
Buick Ownership
Verano
Really, you don't like it?! I think that looks positively bad ass! It has just the perfect amount of chrome trim to set the black off.

I really like the pic outside of the GM plant too, I'll have to do that at Orion Assembly where mine was "born." ;)

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
Really, you don't like it?! I think that looks positively bad ass! It has just the perfect amount of chrome trim to set the black off.

I really like the pic outside of the GM plant too, I'll have to do that at Orion Assembly where mine was "born." ;)

As far the tail tinting, I was just sort of joking. I'm too old to make many exterior changes. That's a younger guy's game, I'm concerned more with resale value than trendy mods :)

We drove out to Vegas over the summer. If you zoom way in and change to satellite view you can find rows and rows of LaCrosses, kinda dorky but whatever. Anyway... my wife needed to pull over constantly for one reason or another but I held out for over 1000 miles until requiring a special 'Marc stop' and mine wasn't to pee for the 20th time it was to get a couple cool pics of our car visiting it's relatives. When else was I ever gonna get out that way? [Pic1] [Pic2] [Pic3]

Get your turbo buick badge right here!