• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Dealer reimbursement to replace valve cover?

jkordzi

Buick Ownership
2015 Encore
Hi, I'm posting this for my daughter who lives in another state. She had to have the valve cover replaced in her 2015 Encore because of a whistling sound, which was very much like a belt squeal. The NAPA mechanic told her that he thought that Buick was reimbursing folks for this. I checked recalls and don't see anything specific about valve covers, although I've seen reports about the valve cover warping and leaking causing a vacuum leak that whistles. Can anyone verify whether Buick dealers are reimbursing this cost if done by a NAPA mechanic? Thanks.

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
Recalls are only for safety issues. Everything else is either a TSB (technical service bulletin) or special warranty coverage on a specific component of the vehicle. Sign up at my.buick.com, you'll need the VIN #. Under the Warranty section you'll get a list of applicable special coverage warranty items You'll need to Google the Issue # and you'll get info on things like reimbursement.

jkordzi

Buick Ownership
2015 Encore
Thanks. I signed up and went to the Warranty section. I see things like "Buick 2 Year Scheduled Maintenance," "Corrosion Limited Warranty," "Emission Select Component Ltd Wty," "Powertrain Limited Warranty," and "Bumper to Bumper Limited Warranty." I don't see anything like special coverage warranty.

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
Thanks. I signed up and went to the Warranty section. I see things like "Buick 2 Year Scheduled Maintenance," "Corrosion Limited Warranty," "Emission Select Component Ltd Wty," "Powertrain Limited Warranty," and "Bumper to Bumper Limited Warranty." I don't see anything like special coverage warranty.

Then there isn't anything for her car. You could also try calling Buick customer service.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
The bulletin number is 19-NA-114.
It's a service bulletin only, not a recall.
If the vehicle was out of warranty at the time of repair you wouldn't be covered and there is no mention of reimbursement if repair is not done by a GM dealer.

jkordzi

Buick Ownership
2015 Encore
Thanks. I'm guessing this would be covered under the "Emission Select Component Ltd Wty" but I'm over the 80k mileage limit. So it looks like I'm out of luck.

rosco34

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
GM sent out a letter covering the valve covers for 100,000 miles. You can submit the bill to your local dealer and get paid. i did

asdx1234

Buick Ownership
2013 Encore
GM sent out a letter covering the valve covers for 100,000 miles. You can submit the bill to your local dealer and get paid. i did
Can you explain this a bit more. Will the dealer cover this? My 2013 encore is at like 99k, but I would like to get this done if possible.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Smoothsailer717

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore
Well jist search that number and you find it online… i learned that the 2019’s are also covered.. i thought it was only up to 2016’s.. i guess gm updated the document now but never fixed the design problem…. I will be doing the cruzekit upgrade… i just if im better off waiting for the powetrain warranty to expire?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Can you explain this a bit more. Will the dealer cover this? My 2013 encore is at like 99k, but I would like to get this done if possible.
This was a technical service bulletin not a recall so you would have to pay.
Your vehicle is past the 6 year 70k miles power train warranty.