• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

dealers given up on selling the Tourx

William Fischetti

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Have mine almost yr and a half....have yet to see another on the road....checked dealer fro whom I bought my TourX...NONE in stock...checked 2nd dealer...NONE in stock...the third dealer did have one.....I have yet to see a TourX advertised in the newspaper...I think if dealer would put one on showroom floor that would alert customers that it exists......

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
I've also noticed zero TourXs on the showroom floor at four local dealers I've visited; they hide them in the back of the lot. And that is really too bad. I can't say I blame them too much for not replenishing stock as GM has given such poor TourX marketing support. I did a TourX search on Twitter yesterday and there are some dealers advertising it there. Maybe they're just shifting their efforts to the free channels. Again, can't blame them. Few people, even "car" people, even know a TourX when they see one. The techs at my Chevy dealer had to ask me what it was when I brought mine in for an electrical issue.

hoys

Buick Ownership
None
My dealer has 13 in stock with $11k discounts, all 2018s. I bet they wont be ordering many more any time soon.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
Have mine almost yr and a half....have yet to see another on the road....checked dealer fro whom I bought my TourX...NONE in stock...checked 2nd dealer...NONE in stock...the third dealer did have one.....I have yet to see a TourX advertised in the newspaper...I think if dealer would put one on showroom floor that would alert customers that it exists......
I believe this model is a "loss leader" for dealers at this point, perhaps hoping to get some residuals from the service and if all goes well a new/different Buick a few years down the road. Whatever the underlying reasons, the cars aren't moving enough to justify dealers putting them on their lots. The few who have, as noted above, offer steeps discounts just to move the few remaining they have.

To all with the TourX, enjoy the fact you have a rare and good vehicle.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I’m afraid that is the Sportbacks and GS models as well. Dealers are trying, mostly in vain, to clear their stocks of 2018-19 models and are not replenishing Regal inventory.
Although I will not be replacing my ‘13 GS for 1-2 years, I wouldn’t mind driving the current GS without going 200 miles for a test drive!
While I completely understand the dynamics behind the Sportback, I cannot comprehend GM’s decision not to aggressively market the TourX. I believe that there is a good niche market for this wagon and it certainly gets good reviews. A real shame to see them wither.

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I bought my 2019 TourX Essence last weekend for around $10k off MSRP. It had been on the lot for ~6 months, yet only had 16 miles when I started the test drive, so obviously it hasn't been generating interest. It also was dirty/dusty, so I'm assuming it had been hidden on the back of the lot (which at least means less potential scratches from being "washed").

I've been tracking all the new TourXs at dealers in a 100-200 mile radius for a few months, and at this point, there are over 3 times as many leftover 2018s vs. 2019s. There are more Corollas at the one nearest Toyota dealer than all the TourX at the ~30 nearest Buick dealers. There are probably 50+ Toyota dealers in the same area (SoCal - LA, Orange, Riverside, San Diego, Ventura counties, covering somewhere around 18 million people). So the current dealer stock of around 65 works out to one for every 275,000 people.

I've been watching the car for 9 months, and in that time, I saw one Sportback and one TourX in the wild.

ready2fly

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
It is the same situation with all 2018+ Regals. People don't know about them. I did not know about them at all. The only way I learned about new Regal is because I had an Uber ride in an Insignia in Europe a few months ago. It almost looks like GM deliberately makes this car fail. Who is responsible for Buick marketing? Toyota is all over social media, Facebook is filled with their ads. I wish I was working for GM marketing division, they need a serious overhaul. Regal is a great car to attract millennial buyers, that's the goal for any car maker. Why invest so much into engineering a nice car, but fail with reaching its target consumer? Do we have any GM employees here?

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
It is the same situation with all 2018+ Regals. People don't know about them. I did not know about them at all. The only way I learned about new Regal is because I had an Uber ride in an Insignia in Europe a few months ago. It almost looks like GM deliberately makes this car fail. Who is responsible for Buick marketing? Toyota is all over social media, Facebook is filled with their ads. I wish I was working for GM marketing division, they need a serious overhaul. Regal is a great car to attract millennial buyers, that's the goal for any car maker. Why invest so much into engineering a nice car, but fail with reaching its target consumer? Do we have any GM employees here?
This Opel version of the Regal Sportback and TourX is now owned by PSA, not GM. Not much reason for GM to promote this vehicle any further in my opinion except for the Regal sedan version they currently make in China.

Last edited:

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
I suspect most people who are in the market for a station wagon are aware of the Buick TourX. Problem is, not that many people are interested in station wagons nowadays, they are considered old-fashioned. I don't agree but it is what it is. Maybe Buick has a more stodgy image than Subaru?

Is the Buick head and shoulders above the Outback? Not sure Outback buyers are TourX buyers.

JenkkiMike

I suspect most people who are in the market for a station wagon are aware of the Buick TourX. Problem is, not that many people are interested in station wagons nowadays, they are considered old-fashioned. I don't agree but it is what it is. Maybe Buick has a more stodgy image than Subaru?

Is the Buick head and shoulders above the Outback? Not sure Outback buyers are TourX buyers.

In my neck of the woods, wagons seem to be quite popular. I see lots of Audi, Volvo, and Suburu wagons and even some older Acura wagons in my town. They aren't as popular as SUVs and Crossovers but wagons are definitely over represented. I have only ever seen two Tour-X's in the wild besides mine.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Buddy of mine just told me he saw a dedicated TourX ad on Pinterest. I guess they are doing second tier marketing. There were some ads during the Final Four, of TourX and the Buick lineup. Probably too little too late.

@lurch70 Yeah that is crazy, isn't it? Great stuff they spent some serious money and thought on creating, and then buried.

The other thing is on youtube I see some of the Buick ads are calling it "the first ever TourX" -- this has to be one of the most tired and lame ad campaigns ever. They've been using it at least 10 years now for various GM makes starting with the Pontiac G6.

Who the f cares if this is the "first ever"??? That means absolutely nothing to me as a consumer. I guess they trot that trope out when they don't want to do anything. The tragedy of all this is they could get interns or even the dreaded crowdsourcing to create something, anything, that would beat "first ever" with no problem. From that standpoint and so many others, I agree, it looks like they just aren't interested in selling this car. Oh well. Glad I got mine.

Red_X

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I got my dealer's last '18, (the only TourX in in their inventory) for about $9500 off sticker. They told me it'd be several months before they got any '19s. They'd had a flurry of interest before I got mine, but I bet it was mainly for the discounts - it would be a big move up from the Encore buyers would otherwise get for a similar price.

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
Exactly. Who cares if there aren't a lot of other Regals on the road? I like driving a rarefied car.

Last edited:

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Coming from a long line of Saabs it's clear I like rarified cars but it's a double edged sword. I'd like to see it sell good enought to stick around for Buick to refresh it or at least offer it with more of what is already available in Europe. As it it is I have my doubts it will be around past 2020 which the only change so far is it basically gets a new color offered.

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS, 2014 Regal GS
Yea, the dealership I work for has 1 Tourx in stock and 0 Sportbacks. The GS I purchased had to be dealer traded from Taylor, TX to Houston. Only one dealership in Houston got a GS in 2018. It was that twilight ebony color. I didn't care for it, so I got the smoked pearl metallic traded from Taylor, TX. Since I purchased my GS in June, we haven't ordered any other units for 2018 or 2019. I'm just taking it as is and appreciating all the looks and questions I from the public. While I do wish it had sold better, it's neat having something that's a such a rare sight to see. Folks love looking and asking questions.

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS, 2014 Regal GS
They need to make it in that mazda red... don’t care for either red they have now.... mine is white
yea, I really feel GM could have done better than "pull me over" red. I wish they woulda done the Crystal Red again. I had a 2014 Crystal Red GS. I LOVED that color. But this Smoked Pearl Metallic I got this time has really surprised me. Once I saw it in person, I had to have it. The color changes in different lighting is REALLY neat

Pedal Commander