• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Demand for 18 Regal GS

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Question for anyone that works at a GM dealer in the U.S, im from Canada, a salesmen in my town contacted me saying they want to buy my vehicle because its in very high demand south of the border, does anyone know if there is high demand for them down there?

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Very typical sales trick. The used car market is booming, the new car market is not doing well. They want you to sell your car and buy a new car.
It is known that alot of people are selling their trucks up here because dealers are buying them off the people to sell to down south so there is some money to be received in it, I know for trucks there is high demand, and low inventory due to the virus and our dollar sucks compared to them, but I aint sure of the used market of Regals down south is why I ask.

dmr02

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS
Trucks big time. Your Regal value wont be much different here in Canada compared to the States. I put my car on the online auction and got $18xxx usd so $24k cdn now I probably have more k's on mine than yours almost 60,000 kilometers. I'll hang on to it...

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Just like I got a letter in the snail mail by the dealer that sold me the previous car.
It is so generic that they claim my car is in high demand (BS alarm #1), they are going to give me above market value up to $500 more (BS alarm #2).
They still think I got that older vehicle without even going through any database to see it was traded in a whole freakin' year ago (BS alarm #3)!
3 strikes and they are OUT!

jclin4

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
A sales ploy for sure. That aside, there isn't great demand for cars or wagons in the US, in general. People here want to drive big potatoes on wheels.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Trucks big time. Your Regal value wont be much different here in Canada compared to the States. I put my car on the online auction and got $18xxx usd so $24k cdn now I probably have more k's on mine than yours almost 60,000 kilometers. I'll hang on to it...
Is yours a GS? I went by yesterday and they valued my car, that was $51.000 MSRP 2 years ago they tried saying my car was worth $18k Canadian, and the sales manager was looking up similar ones and was looking at a 2017 which were much cheaper and different then the 2018. So I laughed and walked out.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Canadian black book average asking price for mine is about $33k, much better then $18k. I tried looking up any used GS'S here in Canada nationwide and found no current gen models at all, so couldn't find a average price at all, very rare car, buut to the point, there is no way my 2 year old GS with barley any miles, fully optioned is worth $13k USD.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Dang, they are a rare bird in Canada. CarGurus has four 2018 GS's listed here in the states. They're bringing over that $33k Canadian mark too, not sure what kind of mileage you have though.
View attachment 27161
I've got 33,000 Kms which is about 21,000 miles. So definitely not alot for 2 years old, ( those top two black GS models look to be the same car) but yeah definitely not accepting that offer, will wait a year, I test drove the CT4-V last month, very quick and actually rode stiffer then the GS, way better interior i will say, seats weren't massaging but I found them more comfy then the GS, just more cushion. But it felt so much smaller inside and it was priced $8000 more then my GS msrp and not even fully optioned. Will probably wait another year and try the refreshed Stinger. Don't want to be stuck with the German parts on the regal when it gets older.

dmr02

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS
Jack GS I could be wrong...those could be "new" company demonstrators? I had about 55k
Is yours a GS? I went by yesterday and they valued my car, that was $51.000 MSRP 2 years ago they tried saying my car was worth $18k Canadian, and the sales manager was looking up similar ones and was looking at a 2017 which were much cheaper and different then the 2018. So I laughed and walked out.

Yes it's a GS. To be clear I got 18K USD on an auction. I am in Canada and work at a GM dealer and was playing around with replacing it. Unfortunately when you buy one of these if it isn't your first the bitter sweet reality is they don't hold their value.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Jack GS I could be wrong...those could be "new" company demonstrators? I had about 55k

Yes it's a GS. To be clear I got 18K USD on an auction. I am in Canada and work at a GM dealer and was playing around with replacing it. Unfortunately when you buy one of these if it isn't your first the bitter sweet reality is they don't hold their value.
I know they don't hold their value that great, but I know they aren't losing 70% of their value in 2 years, just a dealer trying to make a buck off me lol

dmr02

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS
Dang, they are a rare bird in Canada. CarGurus has four 2018 GS's listed here in the states. They're bringing over that $33k Canadian mark too, not sure what kind of mileage you have though.
View attachment 27161

I could be wrong but, even those with 14K miles could be dealer demos and they can't move them....mine had around 50,000 KM when I put it up. There are 2 Regal GS "new" in Ontario that are for sale....the have around 10,000 KM on them the dealers probably decided to put them on the road as demonstrators rather then let them rot....sad really!

dmr02

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS
I know they don't hold their value that great, but I know they aren't losing 70% of their value in 2 years, just a dealer trying to make a buck off me lol

No for sure. I agree with you what some dealers will say is well....there are none of these around so this is all we can pay you for your car....ya ok see ya!

stasek

Buick Ownership
‘18 TourX Red Needle
While the $18k Canadian was laughable (compared to the original MSRP) - has anybody actually paid the full sticker? The dealers were blowing them out at 30% off sticker (at least in the US), so that should probably be used as a true starting point for depreciation.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
While the $18k Canadian was laughable (compared to the original MSRP) - has anybody actually paid the full sticker? The dealers were blowing them out at 30% off sticker (at least in the US), so that should probably be used as a true starting point for depreciation.
I honeslty got maybe $1500 off, that was probably because I got one that was on its way already so its not like it was sitting on the lot for awhile, but I don't feel like discounts are a good giveaway at depreciation, you can get a hefty discount ($5000 in some cases) on a Stinger GT which is the same MSRP of my GS yet with the same KM's have around $10k less depreciation. Plus trucks have some of the biggest discounts around but usually depreciate the least out of common vehicles.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
My dealership wouldn't budge a penny when I purchased my GS. My only saving grace was a Detroit Auto Show discount and employee discount. All those really accounted for was tax and title.

I never saw huge discounts on the GS like I saw on the Sportback and TourX in my area.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!