• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Demand for 18 Regal GS

Red_X

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Preferred Sport Red/Shale - red needle
Speaking of Sportbacks, I'm pre-emptively browsing my next car and spotted this '19 for $21,000. Not sure my TourX would even list for that now that I've seen the Kelley value.

chambe

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
Speaking of Sportbacks, I'm pre-emptively browsing my next car and spotted this '19 for $21,000. Not sure my TourX would even list for that now that I've seen the Kelley value.
Got my 2019 GS in August last year with a MSRP of $45,000 for a discount at $37,000 because it was end of the year. That a 17% discount and the best I have ever heard of. Several dealers across the USA have a used version of the same car now for $29,000 to $33,000. That is average depreciation IMO.

1500cc

Ontario
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I honeslty got maybe $1500 off, that was probably because I got one that was on its way already so its not like it was sitting on the lot for awhile, but I don't feel like discounts are a good giveaway at depreciation, you can get a hefty discount ($5000 in some cases) on a Stinger GT which is the same MSRP of my GS yet with the same KM's have around $10k less depreciation. Plus trucks have some of the biggest discounts around but usually depreciate the least out of common vehicles.

It's not that discounts are an indicator of depreciation, it's just that you should use the actual selling price (net of discounts) when calculating depreciation. So a hypothetical scenario:

MSRP: 50,000
Paid: 40,000
Value after 2 years: 20,000

The traditional calculation would say depreciation was 60% (you lost 30k of 50k) but in reality it was only 50% (you lost 20k of 40k). I'm more interested in the latter because that's what affects my wallet.

So for the Kia Stinger, the resale value is better, but the original cost was higher because they weren't offering as good of discounts as Buick was, even though they had similar MSRPs. So the difference in depreciation isn't as much as it appears, although I suspect the Stingers (V6 versions, anyhow) still hold their value better than Regals because most big-engined cars do.

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS, 2014 Regal GS
For shits and giggles, I had my GS appraised. Yea, no. I'll be hanging on to it. Even the dealer I work for wouldn't give me what we all would want for our Regals. Tried Carmax too. Everyone is offering crumbs for these things. A few months ago, there was a new 2018 sportback still sitting on a dealers lot here in Houston. It's crazy. I'm just gonna pay this thing off and keep it for the sake of having something that hardly anyone else has and being a head turner.

jeffcam1211

Buick Ownership
20 Regal GS, 12 Regal GS (past)
For shits and giggles, I had my GS appraised. Yea, no. I'll be hanging on to it. Even the dealer I work for wouldn't give me what we all would want for our Regals. Tried Carmax too. Everyone is offering crumbs for these things. A few months ago, there was a new 2018 sportback still sitting on a dealers lot here in Houston. It's crazy. I'm just gonna pay this thing off and keep it for the sake of having something that hardly anyone else has and being a head turner.
The funny thing is there are very few out there. I was watching the used market for 4 months after production ended in Germany for a GS and the pickings were slim. You’d think prices would be stable with that being the case.

perhaps in a year or so after so, since so few are out there, depreciation will plateau. That’s my guess anyways

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
US $36,999.00 2018 Buick Regal Sportback GS

This 2018 Buick Regal GS. Wow Check out this beauty with only 800 miles. The Buick Regal GS is the ultimate all-wheel drive sports sedan with 310 HP. Brembo Braking System, Heads Up Display, Sport Style seats, Bose Premium Sound, Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Automatic Braking, Lane Keep Assist, Navigation with Bose Premium Sound, Power Moon Roof and one great looking car!, 9-Speed Automatic, Adaptive Full-Speed Range Cruise Control, Driver Confidence Package #2, Following Distance Indicator, Forward Automatic Braking, Forward Collision Alert, Front Pedestrian Braking, Head-Up Display, Lane Keep Assist. 19/27 City/Highway MPG Clean CARFAX.

wi_badger

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick
Only asking $4,200 over market value? Ha!
US $36,999.00 2018 Buick Regal Sportback GS

This 2018 Buick Regal GS. Wow Check out this beauty with only 800 miles. The Buick Regal GS is the ultimate all-wheel drive sports sedan with 310 HP. Brembo Braking System, Heads Up Display, Sport Style seats, Bose Premium Sound, Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Automatic Braking, Lane Keep Assist, Navigation with Bose Premium Sound, Power Moon Roof and one great looking car!, 9-Speed Automatic, Adaptive Full-Speed Range Cruise Control, Driver Confidence Package #2, Following Distance Indicator, Forward Automatic Braking, Forward Collision Alert, Front Pedestrian Braking, Head-Up Display, Lane Keep Assist. 19/27 City/Highway MPG Clean CARFAX.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
The funny thing is there are very few out there. I was watching the used market for 4 months after production ended in Germany for a GS and the pickings were slim. You’d think prices would be stable with that being the case.

perhaps in a year or so after so, since so few are out there, depreciation will plateau. That’s my guess anyways
It is odd, maybe because it is just a Regal, but like this things are from Germany, pack a ton of features, are very well made, I mean the interior materials aren't great but its all well made and solid, reliable, never had one issue with mine, great performance and great all wheel drive. But thats my theory aswell, being so limited after a few years, when they aren't on sale new anymore and the market sees that maybe it'll be a good time to sell.
Why would anyone get rid of such an unicorn?
Mainly for me the high chance parts will be expensive and take a good while to ship to North America in a couple years, my GS didn't have a block heater installed at the factory but it was supposed to be installed, the heater arrived right away but the cord took 4 months, I literally didn't have a block heater for a while winter, who knows how bad it could be later.

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
The Regal TourX was about $10,000-12,000 off MSRP or about low $20's. You cannot buy a 2.0T with 295 lb-ft of torque with torque vectoring AWD that can see 30 mpg in just every driving condition with +70 cu ft of cargo hauling for that price today!

chambe

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
The Regal TourX was about $10,000-12,000 off MSRP or about low $20's. You cannot buy a 2.0T with 295 lb-ft of torque with torque vectoring AWD that can see 30 mpg in just every driving condition with +70 cu ft of cargo hauling for that price today!
If these cars were marketed right we never would of gotten the discounts most did. I like best kept secrets. I buy my car to enjoy not to brag about. Knowing the dealer helped since he encouraged me to try the car I never gave a second thought about. Got in when the going was good. Kudos to all who were so lucky and recognized they have a lot to be thankful for in these cars.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!