Detailed the Buick’s engine bay 2G4WE567351192860

2005_LaccrosseCXS

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS
I detailed my Buick’s engine bay a couple of days ago. I did notice the paint is starting to fade very minimal on the roof and both quarter panels on the same spot. Any ideas on how to prevent the fade from getting worse? I would grab a picture of the fading spots but I don’t have the car with me currently because it is at the mechanics shop being repaired. 6422A4D6-70D5-4D6F-9E8F-81D2538092AD.jpeg F0B544D0-252C-441D-BBA0-D445A7269E69.jpeg F0B544D0-252C-441D-BBA0-D445A7269E69.jpeg

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Depending on the amount and type of damage is always what can be done. There's a bunch of information on the internet based on what has happened to the surface and the approach to possibly bring it back. However it is also on the individual's skillset and experience that can affect the end result.

Here's one of many that may help on what could be involved.

tombalas

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Lacrosse Leather
That. Is. Beautiful! I'd probably never do this with my own car for fear of having water or solvent enter those places where they do not belong.

2005_LaccrosseCXS

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS
Looks very clean in the pics!
Thanks. It is a very clean car. I will just wax and every 4 months or so to prevent it from becoming worse. You can barely see the fade. I do plan on building a garage and the buick will be eventually stored.

2005_LaccrosseCXS

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS
That. Is. Beautiful! I'd probably never do this with my own car for fear of having water or solvent enter those places where they do not belong.
I never use water either. I used engine degreaser and sprayed it down lightly. I used a brush and a rag. I leave water engine bay cleaning to the professionals.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Depending on how OCD you want to be on the engine bay, water can be used without issues. Low pressure water or a hand pump sprayer, sensitive electronics wrapped, cold engine, leaf blower, soft brushes and taking the time.

If looking to get a long lasting shine Sonus Trim & Motor Kote, this will last months and can be wiped down with plain water to clean up.

Also the hood insulation, if in decent condition, can be done by removing it and using dish soap, no scrubbing, low pressure garden hose and black satin exhaust spray paint, just be careful on removing it and the plastic pins holding it in place. YouTube on all the above, some bad and some good so view with caution.

FD611V

A spot somewhere between the Atlantic and Pacific
Buick Ownership
2006 Buick Lacrosse CXL1956 Buick Century, 1978 Buick Regal, 1988 Buick Centrury, 1999 Buick Lasabre
I never use water either. I used engine degreaser and sprayed it down lightly. I used a brush and a rag. I leave water engine bay cleaning to the professionals.
I would suggest you buy some 180g and 200g Clay Bars, and with soapy water only and give the car a full surface cleaning. There are some YouTube videos I'm sure showing you how to use the Clay Bars.
Auto detailing clay is a safe and effective way to deep clean the paint , removing the contaminants that cannot be removed by washing alone. Detailing clay bars grab embedded contaminants that make paint feel gritty and completely remove them, leaving the paint silky smooth. Once wax is applied, auto paint has a slicker feel and superior gloss.

2005_LaccrosseCXS

Buick Ownership
2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS
Depending on how OCD you want to be on the engine bay, water can be used without issues. Low pressure water or a hand pump sprayer, sensitive electronics wrapped, cold engine, leaf blower, soft brushes and taking the time.

If looking to get a long lasting shine Sonus Trim & Motor Kote, this will last months and can be wiped down with plain water to clean up.

Also the hood insulation, if in decent condition, can be done by removing it and using dish soap, no scrubbing, low pressure garden hose and black satin exhaust spray paint, just be careful on removing it and the plastic pins holding it in place. YouTube on all the above, some bad and some good so view with caution.
Ok thanks. I will definitely be purchasing Sonus Trim motor kote

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Here's my post on the hood insulation rework with before and after photos.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!