DI Intake Valve cleaning. Found on YouT

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
This is pretty much the same kinda thing that GM mechanics have and do. Only difference is GM's product is AC Delco and this product is made by CRC.

If you think your valves are filthy then go for it... it's legit. But doing it exactly as per the instructions is the key.

Rockin1100

Buick Ownership
2015 Regal
Thanks for your reply's. I figure the easiest is to spray after the mass air flow sensor.... This power plant is so different that my other GM s I have had I'm not sure where the MAF is. Any help would be appreciated.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Thanks for your reply's. I figure the easiest is to spray after the mass air flow sensor.... This power plant is so different that my other GM s I have had I'm not sure where the MAF is. Any help would be appreciated.
Does your Regal have the 2.4 engine or the 2.0 Turbo ???

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
The MAF goes into the outlet of the Air Filter Box.
You should be able to figure out what's the best way to get around it.
But I wonder if the cleaner is OK to through the turbo and intercooler. I would look into this a bit more if I was you. Maybe go to the products website and see what they say about it, or email them.

Rockin1100

Buick Ownership
2015 Regal
Thanks, It is called intake valve and turbo cleaner but a great question on the intercooler.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
If it's designed for turbos then it must be OK for Intercoolers since pretty much all factory turbo cars have coolers.

CLE12GS

Cleveland
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick GS
I've been wondering if there is a good way to clean the Intercooler of all the oil build up, but have not found a good solution except to just replace it. I have used the Spray through the Big Manifold Vacuum going to the Brake Booster directly into the intake manifold, this take 2 people to accomplish. 1 person giving gas (Holding pedal at 2K RPM) while spraying with my thumb over the fitting to keep is from stalling

Malo83

Buick Newbie
Cent Cal
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal GS 2.0T
Don't think spraying thru the turbo and intercooler would give any benefits, probably vaporize to nothing by the time it got to the engine, there is a T fitting sensor on the intake tube as it turns down into the intake, could that sensor be removed long enough to spray the whole can of cleaner in, not sure what the sensor is for? :cheers:

Turboshawn

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS awd. 1987 Buick Grand National
Spraying into the intake on the turbo model is use less.. I clean my intercooler on my grand national with brake clean or throttle body cleaner about 1-1 1/2 cans of it. The IC will have to be removed.. easy on my Gn to get the IC out than it looks like on the GS.. my civic type r I had to remove the bumper when I put a PRL IC on it so I am assuming the same has to be done to the regal GS or regal turbo models.. that intake spray I probably wouldn’t use. Got a buddy that works on a lot of DI cars an they take the head off an blast walnuts.. yes walnuts! Down the intake ports on the head an put the head back on.. most will probably not show performance issues until the car has over 80 to 100k..

agaric

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
iirc back when GM launched the LTG engine and others of that generation there was a tech report about how the injectors were aimed to give the intake valves a little squirt to supposedly mitigate the carbon buildup.
That was a while ago and I haven't been able to find the article.
GM seemed very proud of the design at the time.

Rockin1100

Buick Ownership
2015 Regal
I did the CRC Intake Valve spray over the Holiday weekend. The car was not having any issues and would like to keep it that way. After the treatment it does seem better in the low RPM area. Did not affect the High end performance. Every 10,000 to 15,000 seems worth it.