DIC Vs. Owners Manual for 2018.5 TourX & some other stuff.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Page 144 of owners manual and DIC regarding economy trends don match. There is no 50Km economy trend bar graph in 3km increments. This would be similar to the readout available on our 2014 Forester but apparently this feature has been deleted or never made it across the pond.

Observation on transmission traveling thru mud and snow, in participial mud. Finally hit low 40's today, our road turned to mud fast . must have a lot of salt seeped in.
The transmission just wanted to stay in low gear winding the motor out driving thru mud. I used manual mode and shifted up into M2, much better.

Attachments

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
It exists in the old UI, so it made it across the pond but maybe they dumped it for the new UI?

Have you enabled all of the DIC menu items? I had to turn that one on as it wasn’t on from the factory setting.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
It exists in the old UI, so it made it across the pond but maybe they dumped it for the new UI?

Have you enabled all of the DIC menu items? I had to turn that one on as it wasn’t on from the factory setting.
"Have you enabled all of the DIC menu items? I had to turn that one on as it wasn’t on from the factory setting."
I have no idea or clue how to do this. Would you explain?
Thanks

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
"Have you enabled all of the DIC menu items? I had to turn that one on as it wasn’t on from the factory setting."
I have no idea or clue how to do this. Would you explain?
Thanks
I don’t have the new UI, so I can’t write any definitive instructions. However, if you poke around in the DIC menus there should be options of what Vehicle DIC menus to turn on and off.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I'm with the old UI (big screen in GS) and I don't have the average/best numbers as you do. However, and this is really strange, I've seen a video review on Youtube and that car had the old UI as well, also a GS, but he has this in the DIC. I looked everywhere and cannot find where to turn it on, despite it is written in my manual.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I'm with the old UI (big screen in GS) and I don't have the average/best numbers as you do. However, and this is really strange, I've seen a video review on Youtube and that car had the old UI as well, also a GS, but he has this in the DIC. I looked everywhere and cannot find where to turn it on, despite it is written in my manual.
Have you gone into the Vehicle Menu settings where you can enable/disable all of the menu items? It should be in there, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not due to how many bugs are floating around in these UIs.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Have you gone into the Vehicle Menu settings where you can enable/disable all of the menu items? It should be in there, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not due to how many bugs are floating around in these UIs.
I fiddled with all the pages in mine, both Sport and Turing versions of the UI, and couldn't find it. I reckon it's just something added after my car was built (or the other way)

Also I think it's worth noting that my UI is more laggy than the one in the Malibu, lol

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I fiddled with all the pages in mine, both Sport and Turing versions of the UI, and couldn't find it. I reckon it's just something added after my car was built (or the other way)

Also I think it's worth noting that my UI is more laggy than the one in the Malibu, lol
Actually, I think I remember reading someone else noticed that particular menu isn't available with the GS cluster... which is silly. Oh, GM.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Actually, I think I remember reading someone else noticed that particular menu isn't available with the GS cluster... which is silly. Oh, GM.
Then it is possible that it is removed in the production vehicles but was still there when the review vehicle was sent out. (which doesn't really make sense, but so are a lot of other stuff at Buick)

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence

It is there in settings. Love the owners manual, not.
I'm Mr Hyper-miler. I've gotten 400 miles / 24 mpg out of my 600 Hp Cobra, and today I Mr MaGoo drove the my Tour X to what looks like a 35 mpg average. No traffic, coasted, crawled as slow as 40 mpg up the hills , up to 70mpg down the hills on the 45mph- 55mph limit state roads.
See photo.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
It is there in settings. Love the owners manual, not.
I'm Mr Hyper-miler. I've gotten 400 miles / 24 mpg out of my 600 Hp Cobra, and today I Mr MaGoo drove the my Tour X to what looks like a 35 mpg average. No traffic, coasted, crawled as slow as 40 mpg up the hills , up to 70mpg down the hills on the 45mph- 55mph limit state roads.
See photo.
Admirable, crazy, ironic or all of the above? Ha. I have tried this in other cars, probably will try it in my TourX at some point, and find it to be an exercise in Zen living. Requiring LOTS of patience! (Which I do not yet possess...)

:driving:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.