• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Did anyone else notice?

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
I posted this over on Facebook so why not here also...

Anyone else notice that in the newer Regals at night when you turn the lights on the tail lights kind of make the Opel symbol?15740

Banjo

Buick Ownership
2018 Reagal GS
Our Buick's have Amber Signals.

KITT222

Buick Ownership
None at the moment (shopping for Regals)
Differences in lighting are interesting to me, in part because it's usually legislation that dictates the changes. The two attached pictures show an Insignia doing a moose test with its brake lights illuminated, and the other is showing a Chinese Regal with brake, tail, reverse, and turn signal lights all on. US cars have combination brake/turn lights on the rear that are red. This is likely because the area of the brake lamp is insufficient to meet US regulations. And I would have to agree, the Euro brake lamps look way too small.

Also, FWIW, Euro cars don't have the amber side indicator on the bumper.

Attachments

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I got a question on the cornering lamps on the fender.

I seen to recall reading they are cornering lamps that illuminate when you are cornering at low speeds.
I just notice that mine are amber blinkers. That is all they do.

Am I missing something or wrong about the above? It is an Essence with LED's

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Look out your window when you corner to the side you're cornering into...you should see that area illuminate. I want to say that one of the LED headlamps does the work.

Some may also notice our headlights have the same Opel-esque accent...Illuminati at work indeed!

buick-regal-tourx-headlights.jpg

Foxbat

Michiana
Buick Ownership
2018 Quicksilver Regal Sportback Essence AWD
If you have an hour, the Autogefühl introducing the 2017 Opel Insiginia has an interview with a couple of the Opel designers who discuss the styling elements from the Manta concept that made it into the Insignia (a.k.a., Regal).