Disapointed

Bob Tamblyn

Buick Ownership
None
My Mom just purchased a 2016 Regal....As a Cadillac DTS owner I am quite disapointed. This is an improvement over her Toyota-At least it is an American car- But I was hoping she would go for a Park Avenue or a Lucerne...

This Regal doen't impress me much...

I have noticed the Lucerne has much of what the DTS offers....But (to me) this Regal seems less to be less of a luxery car. Correct me if I am wrong but it lacks cooled seats or a heated steering wheel?

After the Lucerne was discontinued in 2011...Was the Lacrosse the top of the line (w/the cooled seats etc..)?

I am not very familar with Buicks but as a Cadillac owner I found the Park Avenue Ultra to be a respectable looking full size car. Guess I was hoping for something like that....

Thanks for any thoughts/dicussion

Last edited:

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
There were multiple trim levels for the Regal, the base model would not have all the bells and whistles such as heated/cooled seats, etc.

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Premium I - 2.0L Turbo
MelsRegal is right, there are many different Trim Level Packages.
My 2015 Regal Premium I, has Heated Seats and a Heated Steering Wheel.
The Premium I Package I have is a very nice package, but it doesn't have every Bell or Whistle!
My Package didn't include Cooled Seats or the Premium Bose Sound System, two things
I wouldn't have minded having!.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
As with any manufacturer it's price point so in the model line, even with GM other names, there's usually a good, better and best. I mean why buy a CTS if you could get the same thing in a Malibu or why would you buy a Cadillac Cimarron, sorry skip that as nobody did lol.

mitchflorida

South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
My Mom just purchased a 2016 Regal....As a Cadillac DTS owner I am quite disapointed. This is an improvement over her Toyota-At least it is an American car- But I was hoping she would go for a Park Avenue or a Lucerne...

This Regal doen't impress me much...

I have noticed the Lucerne has much of what the DTS offers....But (to me) this Regal seems less to be less of a luxery car. Correct me if I am wrong but it lacks cooled seats or a heated steering wheel?

After the Lucerne was discontinued in 2011...Was the Lacrosse the top of the line (w/the cooled seats etc..)?

I am not very familar with Buicks but as a Cadillac owner I found the Park Avenue Ultra to be a respectable looking full size car. Guess I was hoping for something like that....

Thanks for any thoughts/dicussion
The Regal actually wasn't built in America but in Canada. I have the Premium II version and absolutely love it. Sorry if your non-luxury model disappointed. But it's your Mom's car, and apparently she's happy. If not, ask her why she bought it.

Last edited:

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
Why buy a Fully Loaded Cadillac Cimarron when you can buy a
Fully Loaded Chevy Cavalier for Thousands of $$$ Less? :cheers:

Only a few more options and my Buick Regal would have been labeled a Cadillac!

TurboLover

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal Turbo (T03) - 6 sp manual & 2013 Verano Turbo (totalled 9/19)
The Regal actually wasn't built in America but in Canada. I have the Premium II version and absolutely love it. Sorry if your non-luxury model disappointed. But it's your Mom's car, and apparently she's happy. If not, ask her why she bought it.
Mine actually was built in Germany..not US nor Canada. To OP, don't think the Regal was positioned as a Luxury car but more a near-luxury vehicle. Some at Buick positioned as the more athletic offering in that the GS is offered and ride was not traditional Buick. If your Mom is happy, be happy for her.

ken4

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal Turbo Premium 2 FWD
Cadillac Cimarron, I remember those! A friend bought one new. I have a Regal that I ordered new and got every thing possible on it but you will not get cooled seats in a Regal. My Cadillac has them though. And yea, it cost twice as much. My Regal has been a great car for the money and I like the body style on the 2016 a lot.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
You let your friend buy one, I guess you weren't that convincing enough to talk them out of a bad idea LOL.

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
I though you could get cooled seats in a Regal?
The reason I say this is because (when the sun hits it right) I can see Cooled
Seat Emblem in the Climate Control Panels right below the Heated Seat Emblem.
Guess I just assumed that you could get them?

Below is a Picture from a Lacrosse, it has Cooled Seats.
What I can see is just like on the Lacrosse but I don't see Power, Sync or Auto.
I guess it is possible that they use the same controller in the Regal and the Lacrosse
and this is why I see the Cooled Seat Emblem?

Try shining a flashlight on your Climate Control Panel and see if you can see the
Cooled Seat Emblem.

Attachments

• lacrosseclimatecontrol.jpg
    lacrosseclimatecontrol.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 7

agaric

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
I'm guessing there were lots of extras available for the non-NA versions of these cars that we would have liked to have.

ken4

Buick Ownership
I though you could get cooled seats in a Regal?
The reason I say this is because (when the sun hits it right) I can see Cooled
Seat Emblem in the Climate Control Panels right below the Heated Seat Emblem.
Guess I just assumed that you could get them?

Below is a Picture from a Lacrosse, it has Cooled Seats.
What I can see is just like on the Lacrosse but I don't see Power, Sync or Auto.
I guess it is possible that they use the same controller in the Regal and the Lacrosse
and this is why I see the Cooled Seat Emblem?

Try shining a flashlight on your Climate Control Panel and see if you can see the
Cooled Seat Emblem.
I went to a dealer brochure and cooled seats are not listed as an option. The Lacrosse is a bigger car and Buick's top of the line sedan so one can get them in that. Even the Regal GS did not have them listed. Have to have perforated seating for starts so the cool air can get through. I did try shining a light on my Regal control and I did see the cooled seat emblem. When I ordered my car I checked every option box and even got the accessory 10 spoke chrome wheels they come in a box in the trunk. The chrome 7 wide spoke wheels they will mount at the factory. I guess that is the difference between an accessory and optional. I would have liked to have the cooled seats in my Regal.

Attachments

• nw regal 001.JPG
    nw regal 001.JPG
    495.2 KB · Views: 9
  • nw regal 002.JPG
    nw regal 002.JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Other Buick models, up scale and price, did offer vented seats. But as with any vented seats the material needs to be perforated, a pancake fan, different seat module, harness, foam and plastic vents. So it's more involved on the assembly and parts side which at the end of the day is cost.

The manufacturer has to decide if the price point and the market will be worth putting it in to a production model and if enough owners are willing to purchase it. Of course if the manufacturer has overlapping models that can use a majority of the components that can reduce the overall cost but still down to how many will be purchased in a model year.

mitchflorida

South Florida
Buick Ownership
For the record, my premium Buick Regal does NOT have the rainsense automatic windshield wipers. How come?

ken4

Buick Ownership
For the record, my premium Buick Regal does NOT have the rainsense automatic windshield wipers. How come?
It looks like because those options were not offered. I looked at the sales brochure, have a look.

Looking at the brochure reminds me of ordering the car new. An exciting time because I bought it for my wife for Christmas and we still like it as much as the day it came in. We like the added safety of having both of the driver confidence packages.

Last edited:

ken4

Buick Ownership
You let your friend buy one, I guess you weren't that convincing enough to talk them out of a bad idea LOL.
It was too late as he just showed up with it. It was kind of cool when it was brand new and just out. But it could not hold a candle to my Fleetwood Brougham De Elegance. lol

mitchflorida

South Florida
Buick Ownership
It looks like because those options were not offered. I looked at the sales brochure, have a look.

Looking at the brochure reminds me of ordering the car new. An exciting time because I bought it for my wife for Christmas and we still like it as much as the day it came in. We like the added safety of having both of the driver confidence packages.
I was just kidding. There are so many inane complaints here about Buick vehicles, I thought that I would add one more. 😆

Get your turbo buick badge right here!