Display shows door open when it is closed and lights stay on inside of car

Thread starter #1

bonnielm1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
2911 Buick Regal I keep getting a message that the passenger door is open when it is closed. It keeps flashing that message and the dome light stays on and it sounds like the locks are going up and down. When you open the passenger door the message goes away and the light goes off too. It is like it is working backwards. It thinks it is closed when open and open when it is really closed. Any suggestions? I had to turn off the light switch so that the battery does not wear down. The message blocks me from seeing the speed I am driving:(

Thread starter #4

bonnielm1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I took the car in today. They had to order a part for the door. It should be in tomorrow. The door panel had to be removed to get to the door latch. They said they are really not sure if this will fix the problem. I will soon find out.

Thread starter #5

bonnielm1

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
The new door latch did not work. Now the passenger side window will not work since they did the door latch and some other repair inside the door. The display now flashes to open and close the window but it would not open. Then the display flashes that the door is open but it is closed. So now one problem that they thought they would fix has now ended up into two. I hope someone can figure out how to make this repair. The dealership said they would have to read up on this problem

ESimms485

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
Did you ever get resolution to this? This is happening on my driver's side door. Wanted to get some additional information before I contact the dealer.

TC400

Pittsburgh, PA
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal TO7, Prius c 3
2911 Buick Regal I keep getting a message that the passenger door is open when it is closed. It keeps flashing that message and the dome light stays on and it sounds like the locks are going up and down. When you open the passenger door the message goes away and the light goes off too. It is like it is working backwards. It thinks it is closed when open and open when it is really closed. Any suggestions? I had to turn off the light switch so that the battery does not wear down. The message blocks me from seeing the speed I am driving:(
AS far as the message is concerned you may be able to scroll through your options on the turn signal stock that may override that and you can get your speed back.

Did you ever get resolution to this? This is happening on my driver's side door. Wanted to get some additional information before I contact the dealer.
Good Evening ESimms485,

I certainly understand that you would like to obtain further information on this situation before working with your dealership, However; I am more than happy to contact your dealership on your behalf to look further into this situation if you would like. Please send me a PM with your full name, VIN, current mileage, phone number, and the name of your involved dealership to begin this process. Thank you for your time and have a great evening.

Best,

Brandon M.
Buick Customer Care

RoyS

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Did anyone ever come up with an answer to the two problems - door open and passenger window open and close? My wife's 2011 Regal is doing this and the technician talked to Buick technical service. They have had no luck in fixing the problem. So far a new battery and new battery cable have been installed with no positive result. The recommended resolution "Just live with it." doesn't sit well with me and especially with my wife. Sounds like it's time to get rid of this one and get something else. Pretty bad for a car that only has 25,000 miles on it. And trying to trade for anything will obviously be difficult, since no one wants to buy a car with problems.

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal
My car is doing the exact same thing, did anyone ever figure out the solution to this? Also on cold mornings the display shows door open and the door locks keeping clicking.

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
On other Buick’s some WD40 in the door latch #14 seems to have loosen the switch that will hang up and to the car appears to be open. No guarantee that this will work or is the same problem, just a option. Here's a diagram on the door panel.
1106214G10-043.png

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal
On other Buick’s some WD40 in the door latch #14 seems to have loosen the switch that will hang up and to the car appears to be open. No guarantee that this will work or is the same problem, just a option. Here's a diagram on the door panel.
View attachment 12721
I should have explained what I have done to try and solve this issue. I have put on a new door latch assembly, checked all the wires for broken and loose wires. Had the boot off between the door and can’t find anything. When driving after a cold start the display just keeps saying driver door open and tries to unlock the doors. Changed the negative battery cable and have cleaned all the grounds to no avail. All the windows work besides the drivers side. Very frustrating issue that I can just not solve

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Well you have covered all the logical steps, had I known I would have skipped the WD40 suggestions as with the winter cold anything with grease or has water in it will act up out of the blue. If not a eAssist and put this in the wildcard group, disconnect both battery cables and then touch both ends together, leave them off for 10 minutes and hook them back up. It's sort of a rest, works for some but probably more problem dependent.

As there wasn't any further follow up not much to go on, but find a similar GM of this year and I bet you find info on other GM forums.

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal
Well you have covered all the logical steps, had I known I would have skipped the WD40 suggestions as with the winter cold anything with grease or has water in it will act up out of the blue. If not a eAssist and put this in the wildcard group, disconnect both battery cables and then touch both ends together, leave them off for 10 minutes and hook them back up. It's sort of a rest, works for some but probably more problem dependent.

As there wasn't any further follow up not much to go on, but find a similar GM of this year and I bet you find info on other GM forums.
I was doing some research and come across things that sound like it could be a faulty BCM. Would a dealership be able to “reflash” it? Also if I bought a new one, would I have to take it to a dealer to reprogram it?

519Turbo

Buick Newbie
Canada
Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal GS AWD

have you ever gotten the drivers window switch wet by rain or something being spilt on it by accident? these cars have a LIN network that controls the windows and monitors the door latches for open and close signal, I've seen the window switches do some funky things when they get wet and act up, if not my best guess is that you have a broken wire or a wire that full of corrosion and that causing your problems,

I've attached a couple wiring schematics for you to look at if your able to work cars, on DOCUMENT ID:2376856 your gonna be looking at the wire that is coming out of BCM, connector X6 Pin 10 ten, at good spot to check would be J233 splice pack, this document shows you the LIN network to the passenger window from the drivers door switch,

DOCUMENT ID: 2375658 will show you after the passenger window to the passenger door lock and then to ground, Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 7.48.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 7.52.01 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 7.48.25 PM.png
if you have any other questions feel free to PM me
Good Luck with your car

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.