• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.
  • In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

DMV are Goverment sponsored Pirates

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Went to get first plates for my G8 after sitting in garage for 12 years, could hardly believe what they tried to do. Our yearly plate fees go down as a vehicle gets older, it botoms out after 10 years or so.
Lady talks to her supervisor after seeing title for my old/new car comes back and says its gonna be $700 since they wanted to treat it as a new car. I asked to talk to supervisor since I already ran VIN and knew it should be about $140..
She came back from supervisor and computer said it was $139.
PS I think they still want about $600 for yearly plate fee on the TourX, so not gonna register it for as long as possible.

Last edited:

HotZ28

Full Member Since 2005
SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
Geez--you'd think they're in it for the money. Good that they ran-up against an 'informed consumer'.
About eight years ago, my state started charging 6-7% tax on the purchase price of a vehicle for a tag. In addition to the same % sales tax! If you bought a 30K vehicle all that tax would be an additional $4200.00 on purchase price. On the previous system, your car would depreciate & the tax would also. Now when you buy a car, you would have keep the car for 20+yrs to break even. Yeah, it's all about money!
1641543554153.jpeg 1641543737969.jpeg

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX Essence
Wow! That’s ridiculous. In PA we pay like $37 dollars to register a passenger car each year.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Being a 2009 that must be an ultra low mileage G8 if it sat for 12 years.
It has about 2000 miles.
09 Sol coupe has less miles then that and is in theory a little faster thru the 1/4 with GMPP power upgrade.

Attachments

• IMG_20171202_150546152_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171202_150546152_HDR.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Just curious on what state this took place, but other states also have unusual plate renewal fees which some border on outlandish.

I've helped a few senior citizen in IL get the reduced rate plates which is $26.00 a year vs the regular of $151.00 and on a fixed income is pretty welcomed. The catch 22 as with most items like this is that IL really doesn't make much of a announcement so if you don't know about it you can't ask to find out, glad you found yours.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Just curious on what state this took place, but other states also have unusual plate renewal fees which some border on outlandish.

I've helped a few senior citizen in IL get the reduced rate plates which is $26.00 a year vs the regular of $151.00 and on a fixed income is pretty welcomed. The catch 22 as with most items like this is that IL really doesn't make much of a announcement so if you don't know about it you can't ask to find out, glad you found yours.
The silver state, but at least we have no state income tax.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
It has about 2000 miles.
09 Sol coupe has less miles then that and is in theory a little faster thru the 1/4 with GMPP power upgrade.
Wow, that's not even broken in. You have better self control than I would have. I wanted a Saturn Sky Redline when they came out but never pulled the trigger.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Wow, that's not even broken in. You have better self control than I would have. I wanted a Saturn Sky Redline when they came out but never pulled the trigger.
My problem is I am not rich and cant afford insurance and plates for my vehicles, 93 Typhoon has about 4000 miles so it has sat alot since buying out of state when new, I need to get dust off it.

Attachments

• 20190602_162401.jpg
    20190602_162401.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 15

cleeland

STL MO
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
The silver state, but at least we have no state income tax.
Well, the money to run the state has to come from somewhere. With no state income tax there's limited additional sources. My guess is that the gaming industry has enough lobbyists to avoid much corporate tax, and any hospitality taxes are kept in vegas and the county.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Well, the money to run the state has to come from somewhere. With no state income tax there's limited additional sources. My guess is that the gaming industry has enough lobbyists to avoid much corporate tax, and any hospitality taxes are kept in vegas and the county.
I need a property in Oregon so can register a vehicle there and not pay much sales tax on vehicles.
But sounds like you nailed our tax structure, not counting the fed money rolling in.

cleeland

STL MO
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
But sounds like you nailed our tax structure, not counting the fed money rolling in.
It's not hard to figure out. The playbook is pretty consistent. MO has an income tax, but a rich dude spends a lot of his money lobbying on getting rid of it and shifting everything to sales taxes despite the electorate consistently voting against it.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership

HotZ28

Full Member Since 2005
SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
All that money goes to the state banking account, so they can pay the huge salaries of life long politicians. Time for term limits both in federal & state elections. If you want to serve the public, you don't become filthy rich while pretending to serve the people for 30-40 yrs!.

Last edited:

Regal LTD Coupe

Series I 3800 member
Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800
I think one can register their vehicle in South Dakota even if they don't live there. Your own state's "laws" (statute) might say you need to register it there though.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
All that money goes to the state banking account, so they can pay the huge salaries of life long politicians. Time for term limits both in federal & state elections. If you want to serve the public, you don't become filthy rich while pretending to serve the people for 30-40 yrs!.
That might make things worse...I thought many of the public "servants" had at a minimum health insurance on the back end. So if we cycle through more we just end up paying for more services for them. The system really is broken.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
And the Buick forum is just the place to get the ball rolling, can we post on spark plugs now LMAO

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
It's not hard to figure out. The playbook is pretty consistent. MO has an income tax, but a rich dude spends a lot of his money lobbying on getting rid of it

If state shopping here's a list of all of them. Of course no rhyme or reason but none expected either.

Thanks fo the info on different states, unfortunately moving is much to big a hassel for my lazy ass.
Would like to have a second home, but the way things are going I will be lucky to afford the standard of living I have now.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
And the Buick forum is just the place to get the ball rolling, can we post on spark plugs now LMAO
Appears spark plugs are going to be about as useful as a electric vehicle stuck in a snow storm.