• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.
  • In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

DMV are Goverment sponsored Pirates

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
IL offers additional reduced plates on various types of antique vehicles with some up to I believe 8 months basically summer of regular usage vs the standard antique plates that have restricted driving conditions. Not sure on what other states offer but depending on vehicle usage something for others to check into.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
IL offers additional reduced plates on various types of antique vehicles with some up to I believe 8 months basically summer of regular usage vs the standard antique plates that have restricted driving conditions. Not sure on what other states offer but depending on vehicle usage something for others to check into.
Good idea, been there done that...
Until they decided my motorhome, was not a truck.

Attachments

• 20220108_080232.jpg
    20220108_080232.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 16

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Well that sucks. I didn't mind getting a new plate while it was a yearly event as it sort gave the feeling you got something for the money and for the garage wall. But the yearly sticker, which is easier, seems like a cheap date with getting only a handshake at the end of night.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Well that sucks. I didn't mind getting a new plate while it was a yearly event as it sort gave the feeling you got something for the money and for the garage wall. But the yearly sticker, which is easier, seems like a cheap date with getting only a handshake at the end of night.
I hope you wore protection for that intimate contact.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Full hazmat suit can't be to careful nowadays
I am more careful then that...
I send my evil twin....
I mean my eviler twin...
PS I dont care what he says, I think he is a racist.
But he is good looking mo fo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
I know the feeling as for some reason I keep getting asked for autographs
NECA-Tales-From-Space-Marty-Figure-003.jpg

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
No but they started to ask unusual questions like my favorite pets name, city I was born in and a few more. Anybody knows what that's all about?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
No but they started to ask unusual questions like my favorite pets name, city I was born in and a few more. Anybody knows what that's all about?
Probably asking mothers maiden name so they can send her birthday and Christmas cards.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
the word youre looking for is Racketeering not government sponsored pirates. Pirates by nature are international or coastal or not domain specific in their plunders

Racketeering
"Racketeering is a type of organized crime in which the perpetrators set up a coercive, fraudulent, extortionary, or otherwise illegal coordinated scheme or operation to repeatedly or consistently collect money or other profit."

There you go. Remember, the government wiped out the competition in 1970 so who best to slot in to that power vacuum than the one tasked with controlling it.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
All that money goes to the state banking account, so they can pay the huge salaries of life long politicians. Time for term limits both in federal & state elections. If you want to serve the public, you don't become filthy rich while pretending to serve the people for 30-40 yrs!.
theres my firebrand liberal swinging some facts!

(note, if you are conservative and you feel you agree with hot said, its actually because the ideas professed are populist and actually are shared by most people as the beliefs fall on a different axis, one that most of society actually shares a good chunk of stuff. dont let a politician let you forget that. easy to fall into that rut of nonsense just like lifelong politicians.)
I think one can register their vehicle in South Dakota even if they don't live there. Your own state's "laws" (statute) might say you need to register it there though.
I know in Wisconsin youre expected to get a DL, plates, etc if you are here and meet their idea of permanent resident etc

120 if no wheel tax in locality for a yearly tag, 250 i believe for a set of collector plates IF You have a set already, first plate sets are 300-400, but you never need to renew them. Requirements are 20 years or older, you have 1 car or more with yearly tags, and your car is in "stock" condition but they dont really verify this since you do it by mail. only in high modify situations im sure they check maybe. also no towing n stuff if truck.

Mooo

If we tagged by weight id save a ton in depreciating costs for registration!! go salt trucks!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Without corruption Illinois would have no politicians, it's how we roll.

As mentioned IL does offer AV plates but they come with certain driving restrictions that they can't be operated year round otherwise the 95 would get a set. Interesting on how other states do various plates also how some states only have rear plates but it's legal to drive in states that require both front and rear. They will ticket Illinois vehicles that only drive with the rear plate displayed, but at least they don't require front plates on motorcycles LOL.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Denham Springs, LA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Essence
My problem is I am not rich and cant afford insurance and plates for my vehicles, 93 Typhoon has about 4000 miles so it has sat alot since buying out of state when new, I need to get dust off it.
You have a ‘93 Typhoon with fewer than 4K miles and it has dust on it?!?! Man you need to shine that baby up and at least put a car cover on it. Personally, I’d be driving it at least a couple times per month when the weather is nice.

Regal LTD Coupe

Series I 3800 member
Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800
I know in Wisconsin youre expected to get a DL, plates, etc if you are here and meet their idea of permanent resident etc

120 if no wheel tax in locality for a yearly tag, 250 i believe for a set of collector plates IF You have a set already, first plate sets are 300-400, but you never need to renew them. Requirements are 20 years or older, you have 1 car or more with yearly tags, and your car is in "stock" condition but they dont really verify this since you do it by mail. only in high modify situations im sure they check maybe. also no towing n stuff if truck.

Mooo

If we tagged by weight id save a ton in depreciating costs for registration!! go salt trucks!
Here you have to send in photos for collector plates to confirm factory condition, and it has to be pretty mint. Mine would not pass for the improper wheels and tinted rear windows but if it weren't for that would not be too difficult, and then I'd only have to pay something like $20 a month to insure it.

Many years ago my family had a '69 Jaguar E-Type and the collectors plates were initially denied because they claimed the speakers in the door panels (Harman/Kardon?) weren't factory. It took a letter from the president of Jaguar to confirm that they did indeed use those speakers on some cars in '69 to get the plates.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence, 1985 Skyhawk T-Type, 1982 Regal Coupe, 1970 Skylark sedan
Here, we had to remove the roll-bar from the '45 Willys, and tell them we only drive it in parades - but we enjoy the lower ins and reg costs. ONE thing this State is good about

IMG_7090.JPG

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
You have a ‘93 Typhoon with fewer than 4K miles and it has dust on it?!?! Man you need to shine that baby up and at least put a car cover on it. Personally, I’d be driving it at least a couple times per month when the weather is nice.
Yeah need to move the Typhoon up on the to do list.
It has been stored too long in the back of the garage.

Attachments

• IMG_20170913_174454907.jpg
    IMG_20170913_174454907.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 15