• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Do any white needle, newer UI TourX have "Messages" icon?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
After initially thinking hell no you can not access my messages..I reconsidered and said sure, and messaging worked over bluetooth... another mystery solved.
Sorry I guess thread is asking about the white needled cars with less functionallity.....nevermind.

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Just providing closure.

That's a definite step backwards. The trend is wireless ... wireless fobs that automatically unlock your doors, wireless ignition button to enable push start, wireless bluetooth audio & phones. Why the heck does GM think I'd like to pull my phone out of my pocket and fish around for the cable to plug it in every time I get in the car?

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
That's a definite step backwards. The trend is wireless ... wireless fobs that automatically unlock your doors, wireless ignition button to enable push start, wireless bluetooth audio & phones. Why the heck does GM think I'd like to pull my phone out of my pocket and fish around for the cable to plug it in every time I get in the car?
Agree with everything you wrote AND it makes the "premium" of wireless charging absolutely worthless.

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Agree with everything you wrote AND it makes the "premium" of wireless charging absolutely worthless.
lol, good point.

Now if they'd allow Android Auto to work with any modern phone then that would be something different, but so far I think only the Pixels can communicate wirelessly.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
lol, good point.

Now if they'd allow Android Auto to work with any modern phone then that would be something different, but so far I think only the Pixels can communicate wirelessly.
My Moto seems to work fine.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Why the heck does GM think I'd like to pull my phone out of my pocket and fish around for the cable to plug it in every time I get in the car?
Yeah, a feature that works automatically over Bluetooth is replaced by one that forces me to plug my phone into the car every time is not a good replacement. I generally don't use Android Auto unless I'm going to be driving for a few hours.

I don't care if the text to voice system is not the best or if it can only do canned responses. The feature is good enough for reading messages so I don't have to scream "OK Google read my messages" at my phone to find out what is happening.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I meant wireless just using blue tooth to get messaging in car.
You replied that your Moto works fine to a post that was specifically referring to the fact that Android Auto does not work wirelessly. And your Moto does NOT in fact run Android Auto wirelessly, does it?

So, your post, while relevant to you, was not relevant to what you replied.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
You replied that your Moto works fine to a post that was specifically referring to the fact that Android Auto does not work wirelessly. And your Moto does NOT in fact run Android Auto wirelessly, does it?

So, your post, while relevant to you, was not relevant to what you replied.
Yeah and since I have a red needled car it seems I broke your guidelines in more then one way...
But since I noticed someone was talking about messaging not interfacing with car, I just said I do not seem to have that problem. Esquire I would leave determination of what is relevant to the judge.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Yeah and since I have a red needled car it seems I broke your guidelines in more then one way...
But since I noticed someone was talking about messaging not interfacing with car, I just said I do not seem to have that problem. Esquire I would leave determination of what is relevant to the judge.
I apologize. Clearly
God bless you. I'm praying for you.

May you have many enjoyable miles in your Buick.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I apologize. Clearly

God bless you. I'm praying for you.

May you have many enjoyable miles in your Buick.
Thanks I need all the help I can get, sometimes I think he is not listening when I talk to him.
I think I finally realized.. I would really rather have a Buick.

PBTourx

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Well, my 2018.5 TourX Essence using Android Auto has one really annoying feature. When I get a text message it won't read it or let me reply. When I ask it to read it, I get bouncing little balls and no sound...... When I say I want to send a text message it sometimes works but rarely gets the voice to text right. Yet when I use the phone directly in or out of the car, it works fine....... Either my phone, a Samsung Galaxy J7 Star, or Android auto isn't really working correctly.....

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Well, my 2018.5 TourX Essence using Android Auto has one really annoying feature. When I get a text message it won't read it or let me reply. When I ask it to read it, I get bouncing little balls and no sound...... When I say I want to send a text message it sometimes works but rarely gets the voice to text right. Yet when I use the phone directly in or out of the car, it works fine....... Either my phone, a Samsung Galaxy J7 Star, or Android auto isn't really working correctly.....
I'm sorry to say it might be your phone.

My girlfriend has the Samsung J7 and it is very slow trying to run AA on her 2019 Jeep Cherokee, like what you describe.

But when I plug my LG V30 in her system it runs flawlessly.

I don't know if it's RAM or processor speed with the J7, but find someone with a flagship Android phone and see if you have any luck.

PBTourx

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I'm sorry to say it might be your phone.

My girlfriend has the Samsung J7 and it is very slow trying to run AA on her 2019 Jeep Cherokee, like what you describe.

But when I plug my LG V30 in her system it runs flawlessly.

I don't know if it's RAM or processor speed with the J7, but find someone with a flagship Android phone and see if you have any luck.
I don't notice that it's slow but rather the text message feature is buggy. Is she able to send and receive text messages? My previous phone (LG K10) didn't like AA much but it had a flaky USB/Charging port which could have caused the problems I had. It was too expensive to fix it compared to a new phone so I got the Samsung. Also I'm using MetroPCS so there might be something with their version of Android OS that could be a problem with AA. Before I got the Samsung I tried to find out which phones worked well with AA but their list had discontinued/other carrier/more expensive phones. MetroPCS didn't know which of their phones worked well with AA either. I wasn't going to spend $700 on a phone that wasn't guaranteed to work with AA. Of course all the iPhone users I talked to said they never had any problems with Apple CarPlay........

Pedal Commander