Do Roadmaster Wagon Front Clips Interchange with the Sedan Front Clips?

Jim94Wagon

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick Roadmaster Wagons
I have a 1996 Roadmaster wagon that I am parting out, and a guy asked me if the front clip fits on a sedan he is fixing. I know that that grille is different, but are the rest of the parts (hood, fenders, bumper cover, core support etc.)?

MrBuick (Magnum)

Benton Harbor, MI
Buick Ownership
95 Roadmaster Sedan (3), 94 & 96 Roadmaster Wagon
It will physically bolt on... but he will essentially be bolting a Caprice front clip on, with a slightly lower hanging grille, and a bumper with a dip in it... vs a Caprice.

The wagon is basically a Caprice front end. The sedan, is unique. The fenders on a sedan are more squared off, the front is flatter, and the hood has a taller bulge.

MrBuick (Magnum)

Benton Harbor, MI
Buick Ownership
It has been done countless times. Here are just a few that I happen to have saved. I used to have a BUNCH of pics of that Blue one, and another DCM Wagon that looked incredible. But I can't seem to find them on my Photobucket, and I can't find them in my saved files. FAIL.....

Krzdimond

Savannah, GA
Buick Ownership
'96 RMW
That would be Pat's (Buickestate) wagon....

the blue one is a gran sport, and it's the only one to have POWER rear Vent windows! And, yes, those ARE polished Porsche mirrors:headbang:

BiG_TaNk

Milwaukee, WI
Buick Ownership
92 Buick RMS Limited
yea I think the rally wheels and the lil side skirts on the rear wheel wells is what pops out to me..

ga_rms

Dalton, GA
Buick Ownership
1992 Roadmaster Sedan- Sebring Silver
It has been done countless times. Here are just a few that I happen to have saved. I used to have a BUNCH of pics of that Blue one, and another DCM Wagon that looked incredible. But I can't seem to find them on my Photobucket, and I can't find them in my saved files. FAIL.....

Roadmaster sedan front clip on an Olds Custom Cruiser? Interesting.

MrBuick (Magnum)

Benton Harbor, MI
Buick Ownership
Roadmaster sedan front clip on an Olds Custom Cruiser? Interesting.
That's actually not a Custom Cruiser. It's a 96 Buick Roadmaster. He just has some Olds CC rims on the front. He does have a 92 Olds CC.

I don't think the Custom Cruiser ever had those mirrors, did they?
Those mirrors, only came on the 95/96's. But at the point the front clip was swapped, it is not hard to swap a door from a 95/96 with those mirrors. The big one here, is you can tell it's a 94-96 Dash, which would be much more of a project to swap. Also, you can see the evap canister hanging down. Which is where they put it on 94-96 LT1 cars. 91-93's, had it behind the headlight, with the TBI engines.

But at that point, Olds Custom Cruisers never had wood, so the brown around the door handles, would mean that both doors were swapped. And it would have to be a 91, since 92's didn't have that very slight curve at the bottom of the rear most window. the 92's very rear side glass was like a Caprice.

I know too much about this crap....

Krzdimond

Savannah, GA
Buick Ownership
'96 RMW
You are right Cory, The '91 Olds had the Buick glass with the vista roof and the '92s had the vista roof with the Cappy glass. NO Olds came with wood ( they had lower body cladding instead)

Not only that, but there is a Buick alloy wheel in the rear......

vspeedster

Milwaukee, WI
Buick Ownership
Buick RMS
Has anyone put a Custom Cruiser front clip on a Roadmaster sedan? I've seen on on a Caprice (or maybe just the hood and grille). Looked OK, but thought it'd go better with the RMS body.

jeffracer

Buick Ownership
Buick
Love the fender skirts on the blue wagon, I have found a source for the skirts but where did the chrome trim on the skirts come from? Was it custom made?

MrBuick (Magnum)

Benton Harbor, MI
Buick Ownership
I bet he custom made it. He is pretty good like that.

Has anyone put a Custom Cruiser front clip on a Roadmaster sedan? I've seen on on a Caprice (or maybe just the hood and grille). Looked OK, but thought it'd go better with the RMS body.
The hood is the same, the only difference is the Bumper Cover, and the Grille. A friend of mine just put an OCC grille on his Caprice.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.