Does 2014-2016 LaCrosse get high numbered SiriusXM stations? (Road Trip, RockBar, etc.)

TellarHK

Carson City, NV
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Lacrosse
I previously owned a 2013 Buick LaCrosse, and understood at the time that the 2013 didn't support the then-newly merged SiriusXM channel structure that added a bunch of channels from the formerly Sirius spectrum to older radios, this includes stations that now exist in the 300+ range such as Road Trip Radio and RockBar. Could anyone with an active subscription on a 2014-2016 LaCrosse let me know if those channels are available on your car? For some reason I recall thinking that the 2014 supported them, but my current trial subscription doesn't seem to have them showing up and I'd like to know before I see about adding the car to my subscription.

Curiously enough, SiriusXM's website tells me that it supports the "XM Radio" channels not including the 300+ numbers, but interestingly enough when I look at my 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport that does have those channels... SiriusXM's website tells me the same exact thing, that those channels shouldn't work. But they do, so the SiriusXM listing is utterly worthless.

Bhodi's Buick

Lake Michigan's South Shore
Buick Ownership
'13 LaCrosse 303 HP V6
My '13 Does Not get the High Band Channels.
Only owned it for 34 days now.
Not sure how long the "trial period" will last.

I do get XM High Numbered Channels on my smart phone as it's a 'free' registered device with a subscription on another of my vehicle's radio.

I suppose I could bluetooth the High Band Channels to the Intellilink from the phone, haven't tried that yet.

I know this doesn't answer your question in regards to your '14, just chiming in...

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
14 Lacrosse Premium AWD 15 Enclave Premium
Thanks for the reply, if you do happen to get a chance to look at some point I'd really appreciate it. :)
i do not get the channels higher than 200rds. Although i don't do the full service. I have XM select. When you go to the xm site it shows that over 300 is streaming

Last edited:

TellarHK

Carson City, NV
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Lacrosse
i do not get the channels higher than 200rds. Although i don't do the full service. I have XM select. When you go to the xm site it shows that over 300 is streaming
Yeah, the problem is that they show the same list with those channels displayed as streaming, for my 2017 Hyundai that has the full channel listing available including the 300s. Useless list. :/

TellarHK

Carson City, NV
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Lacrosse
I just wanted to update this thread to say that I'm still looking into options and trying to do any research I can. Right now, the thing I'm trying to do is find out if anyone with a 2015-2018 GM product with Intellilink/Mylink has access to SiriusXM channel 301. If anyone here has SiriusXM with the "All Access" package, please let me know if you can tune that in, and if so what model of car do you have.

I'm looking into possibly just upgrading my tuner if that's possible, I just need to know if newer radios get those channels. It absolutely blows my mind that GM might not be offering channels that were created after a corporate merger before the turn of the decade.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.