• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Door handles breaking, is this a problem for anyone else?

rtwinboys

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2007 Buick Rainier. I replaced the driver door handle six months ago.
The driver side passenger door handle broke last week. Today the passenger door handle broke. Has anyone else had a problem with this? The doorhandles or just cheap plastic. Seems like they should have been made out of metal. Will GM help out with this, or do I pay over hundred dollars per door handle to have them fixed?

ssmedt

Buick Ownership
17 Envision : 13 regal GS : 04 Rainier
This is not a very common problem reported on the other gmt360 sites. We're the handles frozen over? I don't get much ice down here in Georgia but when we do get ice I am always afraid they will break

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

rtwinboys

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
No ice since I live in lower Alabama! I have seen where other makes of Buicks have had handle issues. I see why if they are plastic too.

jachang61

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I've had the same two break on 06 Rainier. Everything is metal except for the most important part which is plastic and snaps off. My Buick is in Florida and cold is not an issue. Paid over $200 for the driver's side for part and paint. Got one from junkyard for passenger side. Never know how long that will last, but was a lot less. Probably not an issue for GM as the age of the vehicles when they fail Good luck.

G-802280

Yes this is a problem!! - I have a 2006 Buick Ranier - I have replaced all 4 door handles - same plastic parts broke each time at the cost of at least 150.00 each time . (current price is 157/170.00 each) Now less than 2 years later I'm replacing both left side handles again. This sure leaves a bad taste in my mouth for a Buick automobile.

G-910014

I have a 2007 Buick Rainier. I replaced the driver door handle six months ago.
The driver side passenger door handle broke last week. Today the passenger door handle broke. Has anyone else had a problem with this? The doorhandles or just cheap plastic. Seems like they should have been made out of metal. Will GM help out with this, or do I pay over hundred dollars per door handle to have them fixed?
ALL door handles on ALL GM Vehicles break or stop working. It is ridiculous! I've always been a devoted GM owner, with multiple GM vehicles, but this CONSTANT need to keep replacing door handles is not worth the trouble. No way I'm going to pay hundreds of dollars for a dealer to fix them. Therefore I'm relegated to an endless series of door handle repairs spaced just far enough apart that I have to figure out how to do the job all over again every time. Plus every door is a little different - front, rear, driver, passenger. RockAuto is one decent source. GM is playing a dangerous game here. They save a few cents, only to lose customers. Seems likely it's a planned obsolescence where they plan for all door handles to fail thinking you will buy another GM vehicle - guess again GM! BTW my old '69 Chevy pickup does not have this problem.

G-223261

ALL door handles on ALL GM Vehicles break or stop working. It is ridiculous! I've always been a devoted GM owner, with multiple GM vehicles, but this CONSTANT need to keep replacing door handles is not worth the trouble. No way I'm going to pay hundreds of dollars for a dealer to fix them. Therefore I'm relegated to an endless series of door handle repairs spaced just far enough apart that I have to figure out how to do the job all over again every time. Plus every door is a little different - front, rear, driver, passenger. RockAuto is one decent source. GM is playing a dangerous game here. They save a few cents, only to lose customers. Seems likely it's a planned obsolescence where they plan for all door handles to fail thinking you will buy another GM vehicle - guess again GM! BTW my old '69 Chevy pickup does not have this problem.
I’m on my 4th Rock Auto replacement driver’s side interior door handle. This crazy.