Door lock cylinder

Jim Riviera

Buick Ownership
1997 Riviera
So we bought a nice super clean one owner 1997 Riviera and we did not receive any keys for the doors/trunk. We took the VIN and copy of title to the dealer to have a key made but they could not do it. So to have them put in a new door lock cylinder is over $200 Now I would do it myself if I COULD FIND A DOOR LOCK CYLINDER!! I have searched everywhere on line and come up empty handed. Only the trunk one is available for $80. And I am only interested in the door as I don't want to rely on the FOB and get stranded in a parking lot somewhere. And my wifes FOB doesn't seem to work so good.
Does anyone know where I can get a door lock cylinder with a key?? Thank you, Jim

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Why couldn't they cut a key?
Have you looked for an automotive locksmith to cut a key?

Jim Riviera

Buick Ownership
1997 Riviera
Why couldn't they cut a key?
Have you looked for an automotive locksmith to cut a key?
They cut like 3 of them and non would work. They said because it was an older car which I find odd. I don't know if it's incomitance or what? I did not look into an automotive locksmith. Perhaps I should do that. I don't know why it is impossible to fine a door lock cylinder w/key for these cars though, so frustrating to have my hands tie that way!

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
The part number is 12522786. Unfortunately, it is discontinued. What I would do is find someone parting a 95-99 Buick Riviera and get both door handles with the keys and all. look over at Rivperformance.com. Here is one possibility,

Name : Stephen Brisbois

Merit : 0

1996 - 1997 Parts Empty
1996 - 1997 Parts Empty
Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:45 am
Select/Unselect multi-quote

+
----
-
Have 2 complete cars. 96 / 97. Both run and drive. clean title on the 96 missing title on the 97. Both cars have around 100K miles. 96 was in a flood in Jacksonville and due to that most of the electronics are FUBAR. The 97 has bad.like crusty falling apart, rear cradle rust issues. Also picked a junk yard car for all the modules and related electronic parts. Message me here , email @ itsjustbriz@aol or find me on FB Stephen Brisbois. for any questions or parts needs Thanks!

Briz is also over on V8buick.com. I can contact him there if you have trouble reaching him.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!