Door Locks Not Working

thepopcornkernel

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
An elderly friend of mine is having a problem with the locks on her 2008 Buick LaCrosse. The only lock that responds to "lock" or "unlock" on either her key remote or the auto lock button inside is the driver's door. The others are unresponsive and must be manually locked or unlocked. Is there a button that she might have inadvertently pressed akin to the one that prevents the operation of the windows?

IRQ Conflict

Drayton Valley, AB
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse
It's a setting in the DIC (Driver Information Center). Navigate through the settings and you should find the option to unlock all doors. Mind you, iirc, it should only affect what the doors do or don't do upon engaging the transmission. Your car may differ from mine though.

It's been a while since I played with those settings. :p

thepopcornkernel

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thank you. Sounds like this should do the trick. Next time I see her (should be a few days to a week) I will get her set up using this advice. I appreciate your help.

Canada2

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Unfortunately it's not a problem in the DIC it's in the actuators according to a good source the actuators are only good for 77,000 cycles then they fail sometimes less than 77,000 cycles. Buick has known about this problem since 2003 and it affects all Buicks. To me this is a very serious safety issues. If in an accident with serious injuries or a fire was to happen and you can not get out of your vehicle your done. I have filed a complaint with the Canadian Safety Board that this should be a recall. and would advise all Buick owners in the United States to do the same. This issue affects all four doors, currently I have two doors that won't open on my Buick Allure, the same model as the Buick LaCrosse in the US. To fix all four doors will run you around a thousand dollars, Sorry for giving you the bad news.

oldschool

Barrie, Ont
Buick Ownership
'03 Buick LeSabre, '07 Allure CXL
If a person is handy he/she can change the door latch assemblies themselves. I've had to do my drivers door twice, it's actually not very difficult. The last one cost me around $120CAD.
And I agree, this is total BS. GM knows this is a problem but until a few people get killed because they can't get out of their cars nothing will be done.

SD73

Buick Ownership
2006 Buick LaCrosse CX
You may want to check with Rockauto.com I've seen them as low as 60 dollars there depending on the door.

Lawrencer56

Prince Edward Island, Canada
Buick Ownership
2008 Allure
There is a great video on YouTube that shows how to replace the actuators on a 2009 Impala. The door designs are not identical to the Allure/Lacrosse but the video gives you enough information to do the job, if you have basic mechanical ability. I changed the passenger rear door actuator in about an hour. The passenger front door actuator was easier to change. I think it cost me about $400.00 Canadian total for the actuators at the local GM dealer.
Like buddy said above, RockAuto might be the best place to buy the actuators.

Chad Hunter

Buick Ownership
Lacrosse
I have the same issue, 2008 Buick lacrosse cxl. All 4 doors don't respond to locking either by remote or button inside door. I push the button to lock, I can hear it trying to, but nothing. Any ideas?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.