Door speakers

Thread starter #1
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse
I'm looking to replace my door speakers in the back and front. Does anyone know if they are mids or highs. Or if the front ar hits and the back or bass .Also the amperage in the premium model with harman/kardon speakers. I thought I read the amp were 380.

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You may want to check and confirm the OHM rating on the speakers also, some of the HK speakers in the Lucerne's were rated at 2 ohm and most replacement are in the 4 ohm range, just a FYI.

Thread starter #3
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse
You may want to check and confirm the OHM rating on the speakers also, some of the HK speakers in the Lucerne's were rated at 2 ohm and most replacement are in the 4 ohm range, just a FYI.

Good idea I saw some factory HK speakers that were put in an infinity that were at a higher RMS than the lacrosse.

I was thinking of installing kicker csc693 in my lacrosse. My rear deck speakers cant play certain bass.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Believe their tweeters in the front windshield pillars even. If it's a Bose good chance it's a pretty good system for starter. Not sure if all Buicks have amps mounted on underside of rear deck shelf.

My '87 Corvette had amplifier for each at least rear speaker. Could have volume as high as it would go and I couldn't detect any distortion. Those were days of a bygone era, cassettes were OK with me.

Sometimes you can't really get better than what is there to start with. The graphic equalizer/amplifier was one of the best additions with existing systems I've ever seen but nothing ever compared with the reverberation unit IMHO. Back in the days of mono and AM radio transmission.

Illinois
Buick Ownership
You may want look at a one way speaker to attempt to get bass and check the frequency range. Just suggesting this as a 3 way will increase the mid and high frequency levels and may be the sound you are looking for.

Another option is a low profile active subwoofer rear deck or trunk mounted that works off of speaker level to turn on. Lots of them are out there and can be turned to match the rest of the system and no changes on your current system layout.

If the HK system is similar to the lucerne, pillars are tweeter, doors mid range and rear deck is bass, they were all single way speakers as far as I know.

stoopid

Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
What does crutchfield say? Even if you're not going to buy from them, they'll point you in the right direction.

Thread starter #7
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse
You may want look at a one way speaker to attempt to get bass and check the frequency range. Just suggesting this as a 3 way will increase the mid and high frequency levels and may be the sound you are looking for.

Another option is a low profile active subwoofer rear deck or trunk mounted that works off of speaker level to turn on. Lots of them are out there and can be turned to match the rest of the system and no changes on your current system layout.

If the HK system is similar to the lucerne, pillars are tweeter, doors mid range and rear deck is bass, they were all single way speakers as far as I know.

I purchased Kicker CSC693 for the rear deck which supplies bass. I dont want to add speakers to the trunk with an amp. I just want a better sound because I do play my music kind of loud. Those are 150 RMS which are bass speakers. i wanted to double check the door speakers just make sure I was buying the right type. People were trying to sell me Hi's for the rear 6x9 but tha

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
Of coarse you know that speakers will attempt to produce all frequencies at the same time. The better systems have crossover packs so each speaker will receive the correct range of frequencies. Meaning tiny speakers will produce only high freq., woofers only low notes. So if you just change speakers, existing problem will just be louder maybe, no separate values.

Built 2 crossover circuits for my end table speakers, worked pretty good and this was back in the 70's. If I recall right 150RMS is the range a speaker will produce fidelity sound, anything higher volume and distortion will occur of Hi-FI.

Here's example, may or not want to look into: https://www.amazon.com/AOSHIKE-Freq...=1543921550&sr=8-3&keywords=speaker+crossover

No, not a know all but knew enough to make a living in electronics field. Not a sales person, was tech. image.jpeg

Last edited:
Illinois
Buick Ownership
I wish you well on those, but RMS (Root Mean Square) and frequency response are two different things. Also putting a 4 ohm speakers into a 2 ohm system may have effects on the amp impedance and sound levels, it's called OHM's Law. Just some FYI.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
Audio power - Wikipedia I'm horrible at equations, this may also assist. '07 Lucerne is spot on about mixing speakers. Can't vouch for these days but used to be able to series lower ohm value speakers for correct value. In other words 2-4 ohm in series would be an 8 ohm speaker. Not at all practical for car stereo but have seen a few as such in home systems.

Good topic, excellent replies.

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Just in case someone else ever see's this post and has no idea about how stereos system and speakers are designed with specifics.

Like spark plugs, just because something fits in a hole doesn't mean it's correct LOL

Frequency Range Frequency Values
Sub-bass 20 to 60 Hz
Bass 60 to 250 Hz
Low midrange 250 to 500 Hz
Midrange 500 Hz to 2 kHz
Upper midrange 2 to 4 kHz
Presence 4 to 6 kHz
Brilliance 6 to 20 kHz

Speaker Impedance Explained - Ohms

RMS V.S. Peak Power | Learning Center | Sonic Electronix

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.