Door window starts and stops working and now my radio lights will not turn off! 2011

kgood1000

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick LaCrosse
2011 Buick LaCrosse driver window not working most days. Radio light will not shut off

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
The door panel has to be opened to determine if power is going to the window motor.
Radio light? Do you mean the radio isnt turning off?

kgood1000

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick LaCrosse
The door panel has to be opened to determine if power is going to the window motor.
Radio light? Do you mean the radio isnt turning off?
Thanks for your reply!!

Neither the radio or the lights on the middle panel go out.

It’s been weird. First the door window nor controls on the driver door worked. Then, they worked for a few days. I just bought this used car so was familiarizing myself with the light features. After that, the door quit working again. Lol and I had to turn the radio off after turning the car off.

I also noticed that when I turned on the reading light in the front that it got extremely hot to the touch within 5-10 minutes.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Thanks for your reply!!

Neither the radio or the lights on the middle panel go out.

It’s been weird. First the door window nor controls on the driver door worked. Then, they worked for a few days. I just bought this used car so was familiarizing myself with the light features. After that, the door quit working again. Lol and I had to turn the radio off after turning the car off.

I also noticed that when I turned on the reading light in the front that it got extremely hot to the touch within 5-10 minutes.
What position do you have the light control switch, a manual position or automatic?
Have you looked at the owner's manual?
If you dont have one they can be downloaded.

kgood1000

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick LaCrosse
What position do you have the light control switch, a manual position or automatic?
Have you looked at the owner's manual?
If you dont have one they can be downloaded.
This began happening when I was familiarizing my self with the manual and various light functions.
I had the lights on auto but tried to change to manual when this happened.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
This began happening when I was familiarizing my self with the manual and various light functions.
I had the lights on auto but tried to change to manual when this happened.
Have you placed the control back to Auto?

kgood1000

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick LaCrosse
Have you placed the control back to Auto?
I turned it to manual but when I get in the car it is on auto. I’m taking it in and hopefully they can diagnose and fix the issues.
Thank you so much for your responses. It’s so nice to have someone listening.

kgood1000

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick LaCrosse
I turned it to manual but when I get in the car it is on auto. I’m taking it in and hopefully they can diagnose and fix the issues.
Thank you so much for your responses. It’s so nice to have someone listening.
Okay, the mechanic said that wires in the door are broken impacting, door, windows, radio and interior lights. Getting it fixed by tomorrow.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners