Downloading to 10GB HD

PTL50

Buick Ownership
Buick
somewhat new to "forum" form of communication - so forgive me if you have received this already- I'll get better with practice!! My problem is DOWNLOADING music stored in my iPhone to local 10GB Hard Drive. I have a 2010 CXS it's great! But I would prefer not connecting iPhone every time. The HD menu never opens when I press even though I have the NAV system (it works fine too). DVD works and synching with iPhone works (using full USB connector). I cannot get the HD menu to come up following all steps in manual - any thoughts before I take it to dealer??:confused:

PTL50

Buick Ownership
Buick
Manual says songs can be recorded from a CD player or a mass storage device using connected by USB connector. 10GB is available for storage of media files - i guess 30GB is used by NAVI.

2010 LaCrosse

East Central Illinois
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse, 2014 EnCore
Once your iphone is connected and playing tunes just press the RECORD button. It will ask you if you want to record the one song or ALL.

This process works the same for the USB Memory Sticks also. Recording from a Memory Stick is Super Fast!

I want BACKUP capabilities, I hope that comes available someday soon! I think the HDD is one of my favorite features of my LaCrosse!

It makes the NAV and Backup Camera both bonuses when you have that 10GB of space for personal tunes!

PTL50

Buick Ownership
Buick
Once your iphone is connected and playing tunes just press the RECORD button. It will ask you if you want to record the one song or ALL.

This process works the same for the USB Memory Sticks also. Recording from a Memory Stick is Super Fast!

I want BACKUP capabilities, I hope that comes available someday soon! I think the HDD is one of my favorite features of my LaCrosse!

It makes the NAV and Backup Camera both bonuses when you have that 10GB of space for personal tunes!
I tried that a while ago per the manual. Nothing happens when I press the record button. My song continues to play but no questions or menus appear. I think something is wrong b/c the HDD menu has never appeared the icon is on the screen but the menu never comes up; not with hard key or touch screen. Thanks for your suggestion though.:confused: