Downpipe and Intercooler for 2.0T and GS

IPF Tuning

3.8L Member
Authorized Vendor
Phoenix, AZ
Buick Ownership
2015 GMC Denali 2500HD 2010 CTS, 2014 Yukon Denali
Hey Guys,

As some of you may know there has been some buzz about our tuning... I am starting this thread specifically for the Downpipe and intercooler conversation. If you are interested in the phase one tuning there are several threads on that topic. But feel free to call or email us at any time if you have questions. All of my contact info is in the signature box below.

I am specifically looking for a Regal 2.0T and Regal GS in the Phoenix area for fitment and dyno time. We are not looking to develop new products and use the car as a guinea pig. Our products have already been developed and tested on the Opel in Europe. I would like to check for fitment and get the vehicle on our local dyno for pictures and to get the products out on the street here in our local market.

Are there any members on here from the Phoenix area?? We are located in Tempe and Scottsdale, AZ

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
I am not in the area (unless you want to move to Milwaukee, WI ;) ), but I have several questions:

1. Intercooler

What will you be doing differently to the intercooler? I assume new piping, since stock looks like it should be on a vacuum cleaner. But will you be making the IC thicker or overall larger in size? Also assuming direct bolt-on. What gains are you looking to achieve after tune, and at what estimated price point? I understand if it is too early to tell. I am interested in this, as we have one other vendor in the US with an option.

2. Downpipe

Will you be doing cat & catless options?

Also, do you guys have any plans to carry/develop any other options? In particular, LSD (this and this), sway bars/strut bars (no options for us that I know of), things of this sort?

IPF Tuning

3.8L Member
Authorized Vendor
Phoenix, AZ
Buick Ownership
Hang tight, working on getting the specs now for the intercooler and downpipe. We most likely wont venture into the LSD market, not tooled for that type of machine work. Our exhaust facility can handle any kind of heat exchanger/exhaust systems. Here are the non-technical "technical" specs for our intercooler. Here is the direct reply from one of my engineers in Germany >>

The intercooler is 3 X the size from the core then the stock intercooler and is using the same original quick connectors.

The new intercooler breaks down the backpressure to the turbo down to minimum pressure below 100mbar .. the stock intercooler is producing 0.3 bar … so you can run MORE boost in our intercooler.

Its NOT made in China .. its done in Germany! (and well obviously we will manufacture them here stateside for logistic reasons)

<< END FORWARD

As for the down pipe, we will offer in both catted and non-catted versions, the catted version will be running a high quality high-flow cat and be a little on the high side $$$. Cheap cats and higher boost with higher EGT's = damaged internals when the cat fails... so we won't use cheap cats. Most likely the same ones we use in our Porsche and Audi turbo kits. There will be a price difference between catted and non for these reasons. Saving a few hundred $$ is not worth an engine replacement. If your looking to pinch penny's here, go non-catted not cheap cats. Just my $0.02 We have seen failed Chinese cats trash engines too many times with FI.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
Thanks! I figured it was too early in the process to have some specs knocked out, but your rough estimates satisfy my curiosity. And ahhhh damn, I just want someone to test out that LSD!

Also, if you make an exhaust system with Akrapovic, I will be the first person in line to drop the cash for it.

Hnnnngggggghhhhhhhhh

please please please please please

IPF Tuning

3.8L Member
Authorized Vendor
Phoenix, AZ
Buick Ownership
If there is enough interest we could do a aggressive version and a touring version. We already manufacture a system for the ATS 2.0T, but is pretty tame for the Cadillac crowd. Subtle and mellow tones is what people wanted for their daily's.

[video=youtube;aV3AKnvtOgQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV3AKnvtOgQ[/video]

BLKGS12

Buick Ownership
Buick
If there is enough interest we could do a aggressive version and a touring version. We already manufacture a system for the ATS 2.0T, but is pretty tame for the Cadillac crowd. Subtle and mellow tones is what people wanted for their daily's.

[video=youtube;aV3AKnvtOgQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV3AKnvtOgQ[/video]
Pussies

AWDRegal

Buick Ownership
leased '12
Sign me up for one of each!

I am very happy with my car before and after IPF tuning

I went from 231 WHP on 93 Octane Stock to 249 WHP IPF Tuned and the car feels like it picked up power everywhere!

At 3907 RPM, it picked up 39.26 WHP and 52.79 TQ

Here is my review thread and a dyno graph is attached:

http://buickforums.com/forums/threads/35661-Ipf-tune-review

Attachments

Last edited:

EnderWiggin

Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
The sound for the regal? We have not made a system yet for the regal, If there is interest we can. I was showing this ATS Turbo as an example.
My initial comment was to BLKGS12. I'd love to see an exhaust system for a Regal GS. All aftermarket ones are 2.5" for normal Turbo models. Our factory pipes are 3".

Kevandkaye

Florida
Buick Ownership
'99 Ultra, 2014 Regal T
my main delay would be jump time. I've only got 200 miles on mine and I'm still studying mods, versions, etc. I believe without a doubt from the interest here that there WILL be a sustainable aftermarket!

Kevandkaye

Florida
Buick Ownership
'99 Ultra, 2014 Regal T
I love pioneers! As far as I know, I will be the only person to fab a functional, working shaker hood scoop from a '76 T.A. into an 88-98 GMC truck I'm restoring.... but I digress....

nap6561

Rochester, NY
Buick Ownership
Buick
It's a 50 X 65 comp billet wheel. Same part a lot of the Mazda speed guys choose. Porting was done locally in Rochester NY. I live in Houston now. I've gone back and forth between trifecta and my (at the time) local tuner a couple times. Currently running a heavily revised trifecta tune.

wierz11

AZ
Buick Ownership
@nap - How was the LSD installed? Any customization work needed for that job?

@IPF - Love the low grumble sound. Either that or just a tad louder would be perfect. I have a Harley with Screamin' Eagles if I want to be loud 'n proud.

nap6561

Rochester, NY
Buick Ownership
Buick
LSD is a drop in. GM didnt get creative. Our F40 is ostensibly the exact same transmission as the G6 and 9-3. Our F40 has some internal changes but it has no affect on the LSD installation. FYI automatics are a no go. The Quaife is a manual only proposition. Same with Wavetrac's diff. Having owned a 9-3 viggen I was confident the LSD would fit.