• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Drivers Door Interior Door Handle

300sflyer

Buick Ownership
Lacrosse
Hi Folks,

The plastic chrome is slowly peeling off the interior door handle, on our 2015 Lacrosse, and the edge of it is actually quite sharp, just waiting to give me or my wife a nasty gash...

I have looked at several websites to try to find a new handle, but it seems that they are only available as part of the entire door panel. :( Part number 7 seen below. 1575941139305.png

Anyone have any suggestions as to where to get one?

Attachments

Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You are kind of stuck with locating the right part, no part# given, on Ebay or a salvage yards if no longer available through GM parts.

300sflyer

Buick Ownership
Lacrosse
Just spoke to the dealer, and the handle only comes with the full interior panel, and is priced at close to $1000 Canadian including tax. :eek:

The 4 year warranty expired 10 months ago, so it looks like I am SOL with the dealer.... :rolleyes:

300sflyer

Buick Ownership
Lacrosse
So I manager to locate a used door panel off of Ebay, and with a bit of ingenuity, I removed the door handle and installed it in my panel. The used panel had a few scratches on it, so I couldn't just swap the entire panel. The entire job took about 1.5 hours, works perfectly, and looks like new again. :) Sure beats paying the dealer $1000 to make the repair!

Attachments

Turbo Buick Badge