• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

drivers seat

wpd805

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
My wife and I bought our 2012 Verano last week. We absolutely love it! But I do have a problem. I am aware of all the design time they put into the seats. However the drivers seat, for me, is VERY VERY uncomfortable. There is no way to bring down the lumbar support and that causes me alot of pain. My question is, do u think there is anything Buick can do to help me? I really love this car....I'm just really worried I won't be able to enjoy it if I don't do something. Thanks!

Last edited:

longislander

LI, NY
Buick Ownership
'15 Encore Premium FWD White Pearl/Saddle (wife's car)
I absolutely love our Verano too (my wife's car). I do agree with you - I find the driver's seat to be uncomfortable for me in the lower back area. I think an adjustable lumbar support would be the answer to the problem.
I rarely drive the car so it's not a big issue. My wife has the seatback reclined much farther than I like but she says it gives her lower back support that way.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
My LaCrosse digs me in my lower back after a few hours. It's got adjustable lumbar and even with it all the way down and away I can still feel it. I wish it could go further lower and away from me.

Detroit, USA
Outbound; I am sorry to hear about your experience with your Buick. I have made a note of these concerns and will be passing them along to the proper department on your behalf.

@wpd805,
Have you been in contact with your dealer regarding this concern? Have they taken a look at it to determine if there is anything that you can do on their end?

Feel free to contact me and let me know if you need additional assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, Buick Customer Service.

RDBF

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Tricia

The dealers can do nothing about most of our issues because they usually just say "they are vehicle characteristics" or "It's the way the car is designed and we can't change it unless you want to pay for it"

If you really want to help you should be contacting the car owners by PM and then contacting your dealers with solutions on behalf of the people that have bought your cars.

Detroit, USA
While we do like to give the dealership a chance to resolve a concern on their end, we typically just what you mentioned. We contact customers and get more information about their concerns privately (in order to protect their privacy), set up cases for them, and then work with the dealers on the customer's behalf to get the concern resolved as quickly as possible. We like to approach each concern on a case by case basis, but if I do find a resolution that I feel may apply to several people, I will go ahead and share it at that time. Otherwise, customers can feel free to share their resolutions with the rest of the board on their own. I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Thank you.

Tricia, Buick Customer Service.

miou

Buick Ownership
Buick Verano
For whatever it is worth to everyone, I too complained about back issues (in my blog and on this forum).

However, it has been a little over 5 months of ownership and for some reason something must have settled in, because I am OK now. It seems to have helped when I rose the seat up, because raising it up seems to give the bottom-back part a tiny bit more height.

WillyC

Buick Newbie
Michigan
Buick Ownership
Verano
I have back issues and in other cars I've had to use a rolled up hand towel placed at my lower back for support (suggestion from Dr.) BUT with my Verano I don't need it and have driven long trips without any issues. Wow. Everybody is built different. I'm happy. And love my Verano.

boborambow

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
For whatever it is worth to everyone, I too complained about back issues (in my blog and on this forum).

However, it has been a little over 5 months of ownership and for some reason something must have settled in, because I am OK now. It seems to have helped when I rose the seat up, because raising it up seems to give the bottom-back part a tiny bit more height.
I think it just needs broken in or something because the first 2000 or so miles it was annoying. But now the seat is comfy.

Detroit, USA
I have back issues and in other cars I've had to use a rolled up hand towel placed at my lower back for support (suggestion from Dr.) BUT with my Verano I don't need it and have driven long trips without any issues. Wow. Everybody is built different. I'm happy. And love my Verano.
We're so glad to hear that the Verano fits you like a glove, WillyC! Many more happy miles to you!
Sarah (Assisting Tricia), Buick Customer Service