Drivers Window does not work along with trunk switch and mirrors

Jon Lee

Buick Ownership
2000 Lasabre
In short, nothing works from the Drivers window switch assembly, as well as the trunk switch below it. All passenger windows work from their own switches. I could not find a schematic, but a bit of common sense logic on the matter would help.
What I'm wondering. Is there another piece of electronics that controls those systems beside the window switch?
If there is a wire broken in the door, would the orange wire have power? mine does.
Is it possible that the ground is broken?

thanks
Jon

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
About 95% of the time, this problem can be traced to the switch itself. Have you tried changing the switch assembly?

Jon Lee

Buick Ownership
2000 Lasabre
No, I haven't changed anything yet. Both are quite expensive new, and not necessarily cheap used, and I didn't really want to buy both.

The one thing that's been making me lean towards the Module is that the trunk switch doesn't work either, but is not part of the window switch. There is power coming into the window switch, which controls the mirrors, windows and window locks, and it is on the orange wire. But I couldn't fine a decent schematic to show which wires are for which, and whether that was the normal hot wire, and which, if any was the ground.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
did you check the wires running through the rubber/plastic conduit between the door and the A pillar, they flex every time you open and close the door.

Jon Lee

Buick Ownership
2000 Lasabre
I tried. Couldn't get anything to respond. That's why I was wondering about which wires were supposed to be hot / ground - to verify that all was working as it was supposed to on that end.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
what I meant was did you disconnect the conduit from either the door or the A pillar and slide it out of the way to see if you have broken wires.

Jon Lee

Buick Ownership
2000 Lasabre
I took it apart where the door connected to the frame, and unhooked the connector. I could see no way to get the rubber hose off since there was a connector hook (read glued) to the end of it, fastened from all appearances the way dad used to nail walls together, so anyone taking it apart would destroy it in the process. So no, I could pull it back and look at some of the wire, but could figure no way to see it all.

Irish

Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue, 2003 Buick Leabre Limited
My Park Avenue did this and it was the Driver's Door Module. Remove the door panel (search youtube for instructions). Find the module and look for the number on it. Use the number to search on ebay to find a replacement. I think the module for my Park Ave was something like $400 from a dealer and a used one was $80 on ebay. Good Luck.

Jon Lee

Buick Ownership
2000 Lasabre
That is what I have been suspecting. I don't think it's the wiring, and I don't believe the door switch would affect the trunk switch....
Thanks

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.